SAVORY GLUTEN-FREE CHICKPEA PIZZA PANCAKE RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: chickpea flour, water, salt, olive oil, marinara sauce, shredded mozzarella cheese, red pepper flakes, flaky sea salt, fresh basil
Provided by Tiffany Lo
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Place a 12-inch (30 cm) cast iron pan in the oven and let heat up until ready to use.
- In a bowl, add the chickpea flour, water, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and whisk to combine.
- Cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Carefully remove the hot cast iron pan from the oven, and pour in the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil, swirling the pan so that the bottom is fully coated.
- Gently pour in the chickpea flour batter into the pan, swirling the pan so that the batter covers the entire pan.
- Place the cast iron pan in the oven and broil for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cast iron pan and top with marinara sauce, leaving a 1-inch (2 cm) border of the crust. Top with shredded mozzarella and red pepper flakes.
- Broil for 2-3 more minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 619 calories, Carbohydrate 53 grams, Fat 33 grams, Fiber 9 grams, Protein 27 grams, Sugar 11 grams
SOCCA (PROVENCAL SAVORY CHICKPEA PANCAKE) - GLUTEN-FREE
Soccas are a garbanzo flour pizza-like flatbread from the Southeastern France. It is naturally and traditionally gluten-free and easy to make. They can be served with any kind of topping... Try it with Kalamata Tapenade ("Recipe #156988"), ratatouille, or sauteed vegetables and herbs. The best one I've ever had was topped with carmelized onions, black olives and anchovies. Adapted from a recipe by Mark Bittman of the New York Times. Gluten-free - Dairy-free - Kosher: Pareve. This recipe makes 1 large socca pancake, the diameter of a 10" cast iron pan. When sliced into quarters, it should serve 2 people as a main dish or 4 people as an appetizer.
Provided by Whats Cooking
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place heavy (preferably cast-iron) skillet in oven and preheat to 450.
- In a large bowl, sift chickpea flour, pepper and salt together. After sifting, add rosemary leaves.
- Whisk in warm water and 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Cover the bowl and allow the batter set for at least 30 minutes, which should have the consistency of thick cream. Stir sliced onion into the batter.
- Remove skillet from oven. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the hot pan, pour batter into pan and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the pancake is firm and the edges are set (top may not be browned).
- Set socca a few inches below your broiler for 1-2 minutes, just long enough to brown it in spots. Cut into wedges and serve hot, with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 370, Fat 23.4, SaturatedFat 3.1, Sodium 616.1, Carbohydrate 29.6, Fiber 5.6, Sugar 6.2, Protein 10.7
More about "savory gluten free chickpea pancake recipe by tasty food"
SAVORY OR SWEET! GLUTEN-FREE PANCAKES - DETOXINISTA
5/5 (6)Calories 234 per servingCategory Breakfast
- Add the pancake ingredients to a large bowl and use a whisk to stir well, making sure to break up any lumps. Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Grease a skillet over medium-low heat. When a drop of water sizzles and evaporates as soon as it touches the skillet, the pan is ready to cook the pancakes. Use a 1/4 cup to scoop the pancake batter and pour it into the center of the skillet. Cook until bubbles start to form in the center of pancake.
- If you'd like to add anything into your pancakes, you can sprinkle them in now, while the pancake is cooking on this first side. (Try a few freshly chopped herbs for savory pancakes, or a few fresh blueberries for sweet pancakes.)
- Slide a spatula under the pancake and flip it to cook the other side. It should only need 1 to 2 minutes more of cooking at this point. Repeat with the remaining batter. This recipe makes roughly 3 pancakes, which is enough for 1 person, but you can double or triple the ingredients to make more servings.
SAVORY CHICKPEA PANCAKES (GLUTEN-FREE) - DEL'S COOKING …
5/5 (1)Category Gluten-FreeCuisine SavoryTotal Time 35 mins
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pepper and ground chili.
- While the pancakes are keeping warm, prepare the poached eggs. Bring a medium pot of water to a simmer, then reduce heat until it is barely quivering.
SAVORY CHICKPEA PANCAKE (GF + VEGAN) - THE SIMPLE …
CHICKPEA MEALS | RECIPES - TASTY.CO
SAVORY CHICKPEA PANCAKES (VEGAN + GF) RECIPE
SAVORY GLUTEN-FREE CHICKPEA PANCAKES | RECIPES - TASTY
GLUTEN-FREE SAVOURY PANCAKES WITH MUSHROOMS (VEGAN)
SAVORY CHICKPEA PANCAKES - COTTER CRUNCH
CHICKPEA FLOUR PANCAKES (SAVORY PANCAKES, GLUTEN FREE)
6 SATISFYING GLUTEN-FREE RECIPES - TASTY
SAVORY VEGAN + GLUTEN FREE CHICKPEA PANCAKES RECIPE
CHICKPEA PANCAKES WITH SPINACH AND FETA (VEGAN & EASY)
SAVORY CHICKPEA PANCAKES WITH LEEK AND MUSHROOMS
GLUTEN FREE CHICKPEA PANCAKES - FOOD RECIPES HQ
SAVORY GREEN PANCAKES - 2 WAYS! (VEGAN + GF) - SIMPLYCEECEE.CO
SAVORY CHICKPEA PANCAKES [VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE] - ONE …
FARINATA (ITALIAN CHICKPEA PANCAKE) | THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
VEGAN APPLESAUCE CHICKPEA FLOUR MUFFINS (GF, OIL-FREE)
HEALTHY VEGETABLE PANCAKES - VEGAN, GLUTEN FREE - BEEXTRAVEGANT
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Are chickpea pancakes gluten-free?Chickpea pancakes are made with chickpea flour, for a naturally gluten-free and grain-free breakfast option. You can make them sweet, or savory (with no added sugar!), and I’ll share both ways below.
What is in a chickpea pancake?The base of the chickpea pancake is garbanzo bean flour (aka, besan, gram flour, chana flour, chickpea flour or cici flour), and is a great source of protein and fiber. Chickpeas flour contains 110 calories per 1/4 cup of flour and boosts 6 grams of protein while offering 5 grams of fiber.
How much protein is in chickpea flour?Chickpea flour contains 110 calories per 1/4 cup of flour and boosts 6 grams of protein while offering 5 grams of fiber. One of these pancakes uses 1/3 cup flour so you’re getting 9 grams of protein and about 7 grams of fiber per serving.
How many chickpea pancakes should I make?The batter should make around 7-8 pancakes. Once you’ve cooked all your chickpea pancakes, serve them onto each plate and spoon 2 tbsp of harissa yogurt on top. Garnish each plate with fresh cilantro and sliced tomatoes. Optional peppercorn to sprinkle on top and olive oil to drizzle.