For a simple side dish, try Ina Garten's Roasted Asparagus from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network; the recipe uses only asparagus, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Break off the tough ends of the asparagus and, if they're thick, peel them. Place the asparagus on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, then toss to coat the asparagus completely. Spread the asparagus in a single layer and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Roast the asparagus for 25 minutes, until tender but still crisp.
THE BEST ROASTED ASPARAGUS
The perfect roasted asparagus should be lightly browned and tender, yet bright green and crisp. Roasting the spears at a high temperature helps achieve this. We also browned grated Parmesan to make a nutty, crumbly frico topping. Wait until ready to serve to top the vegetables so the crisped cheese stays crunchy.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with a wire rack.
- Put the asparagus, olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Toss to coat evenly. Spread the asparagus in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 10 to 12 minutes, until lightly browned and tender, but still bright green.
- Meanwhile, spread the Parmesan evenly in the bottom of a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook undisturbed until the cheese melts, sticks together and turns golden brown, about 2 minutes, then flip with a rubber spatula and cook until golden on the second side, about 2 minutes more. Transfer the frico to a wire rack-lined baking sheet to cool completely, about 2 minutes. Break the frico into small crumbles and put in a small bowl. Add the lemon zest and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper and toss to combine.
- Transfer the roasted asparagus to a serving platter and squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the top. Top with the crumbled frico mixture.
Salty and savory, the roasting method kills the natural bitterness of asparagus. Try it next to grilled fish or lamb.
Provided by swedishmilk
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Asparagus Baked
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 123 calories, Carbohydrate 5.2 g, Cholesterol 1.7 mg, Fat 10.8 g, Fiber 2.4 g, Protein 3.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.8 g, Sodium 471.4 mg, Sugar 2.2 g
- Thinly slice a baguette; arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake at 425 degrees F until lightly golden, about 7 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Toss halved asparagus spears with olive oil, salt and pepper on a baking sheet. Roast at 450 degrees F until slightly crisp, 7 minutes. Spread softened butter on the toast rounds. Top with sliced prosciutto and the roasted asparagus.
Make and share this Asparagus Bruschetta recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Derf2440
Yield 18 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Steam asparagus for 3 minutes, immediately plunge into icewater.
- When cool, drain well, pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut asparagus in half diagonally.
- Place in a medium size bowl.
- Drizzle with oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- In a small bowl, stir cheese with herbs.
- Spread over baguette slices.
- Top each with asparagus spears.
- Garnish with lemon zest.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 2993.6, Fat 20.5, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 5.2, Sodium 5286.6, Carbohydrate 581, Fiber 25.9, Sugar 27.1, Protein 123
GRILLED ASPARAGUS BRUSCHETTA
Provided by Jeff Mauro, host of Sandwich King
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Toss the trimmed asparagus with the olive oil and some salt and pepper. Grill until lightly charred on each side, but still robust and crunchy, about 5 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut the asparagus into very thin slices on the bias (diagonal), and set aside.
- Brush both sides of the bread slices with olive oil. Grill the bread on both sides until toasted with nice grill marks. Remove from the grill and immediately rub the slices of bread on one side with the peeled garlic cloves.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the goat cheese, tomatoes and red pepper until well combined. Spread the goat cheese mixture on the grilled bread in an even layer. Divide the asparagus among each slice of bread, layering it on top of the cheese mixture. Cut each slice in half, and serve the bruschetta immediately.
Need some vibrant spring greens to go with your main meal? Try our super simple roasted asparagus recipe to showcase seasonal veg at its finest
Provided by Sophie Godwin - Cookery writer
Categories Side dish
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Snap any woody tips off the asparagus where they naturally break apart. Put on a roasting tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 12 mins until they are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 70 calories, Fat 5 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
Roast asparagus this way and it becomes positively juicy. You'd think one pound would be enough for four people, but in my experience the thick stalks - the best kind to use - are really irresistible. Err on the side of extravagance, and polish up any leftovers for lunch the next day.
Provided by Martha Rose Shulman
Categories easy, quick, side dish
Yield Serves four to six
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Oil a baking sheet or a baking dish large enough to hold the asparagus in one layer. Place the asparagus in the dish, and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven and roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until the stalks begin to shrivel and color lightly.
- Remove from the heat, toss with the thyme and season with lemon juice if desired.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 45, UnsaturatedFat 1 gram, Carbohydrate 6 grams, Fat 2 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 0 grams, Sodium 356 milligrams, Sugar 3 grams
More about "roasted asparagus bruschetta food"
ASPARAGUS AND RICOTTA BRUSCHETTA RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
Cuisine AmericanCategory Appetizer, Brunch, Snack, Quick And EasyServings 8Total Time 23 mins
PERFECT ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - COOKIE AND KATE
31 BRUSCHETTA RECIPES FOR EVERY OCCASION - FOOD COM
PROSCIUTTO-WRAPPED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
ASPARAGUS BRUSCHETTA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
20 IMPRESSIVE ASPARAGUS RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
EASY ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
EASY ROASTED ASPARAGUS RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE ROASTED ASPARAGUS
ASPARAGUS BRUSCHETTA - CHATELAINE
25 BEST BRUSCHETTA RECIPE IDEAS FOR YOUR NEXT PARTY - TASTE OF …
ASPARAGUS BRUSCHETTA RECIPE - LOVEFOOD.COM
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love