PRESSURE-COOKER RED BEANS AND RICE
My family loves New Orleans-style cooking, so I make this dish often. I appreciate how simple it is, and the smoky ham flavor is scrumptious. -Celinda Dahlgren, Napa, California
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 35 minutes. Let pressure release naturally., Remove ham hocks; cool slightly. Remove meat from bones. Finely chop meat and return to pressure cooker; discard bones. Stir in tomato, green pepper and salt. Select saute setting and adjust for low heat. Simmer, stirring constantly, until pepper is tender, 8-10 minutes. Serve with rice., Freeze option: Freeze cooled bean mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 216 calories, Fat 2g fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 671mg sodium, Carbohydrate 49g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 12g fiber), Protein 12g protein.
LORA'S PRESSURE-COOKER RED BEANS & RICE
My dear mother-in-law passed this simple recipe to me. With meats, beans and savory veggies, it's tasty, easy and economical, too! -Carol Simms, Madison, Mississippi
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Rinse and sort beans. Soak overnight according to package directions. Drain, discarding water; rinse with cool water., In a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker, combine beans, ham, sausage, vegetables, pepper sauce, garlic, salt and enough water to cover (about 4 cups). Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 30 minutes. Quick-release pressure. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 249 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 43mg cholesterol, Sodium 788mg sodium, Carbohydrate 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, Fiber 7g fiber), Protein 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PRESSURE-COOKER ANDOUILLE RED BEANS AND RICE
Once my husband's favorite New Orleans takeout closed, I challenged myself to develop a tasty red beans and rice recipe that I could make at home. This pressure-cooker version is hearty and satisfies his Cajun cravings. -Jennifer Schwarzkopf, Oregon, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Place the first 12 ingredients in a 6-qt. electric pressure cooker. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 20 minutes. Quick-release pressure., Stir in sausage. Lock lid; close pressure-release valve. Adjust to pressure-cook on high for 17 minutes. Let pressure release naturally. Remove bay leaf. Serve with rice and, if desired, sprinkle with green onions., Freeze option: Freeze cooled bean mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally; add water if necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 349 calories, Fat 12g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 74mg cholesterol, Sodium 774mg sodium, Carbohydrate 40g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 9g fiber), Protein 25g protein.
PRESSURE COOKER RED BEANS AND SAUSAGE
I am from the South, and red beans and rice is a weekly tradition in my house. This recipe is cooked in no time, thanks to the pressure cooker! Serve over hot cooked rice.
Provided by raquel11882
Categories Main Dish Recipes Rice Beans and Rice Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine red beans, sausage, bay leaf, Cajun seasoning, garlic, onion, celery, green pepper, salt parsley, and cumin in pressure cooker. Pour in water to cover, according to manufacturer's directions (do not go over line inside of pot). Stir to combine.
- Seal lid and bring pot to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to low, maintaining full pressure, and cook for 30 minutes. Allow pressure to drop naturally. Remove lid, stir, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 298.7 calories, Carbohydrate 16 g, Cholesterol 38.6 mg, Fat 18.4 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 17 g, SaturatedFat 6.5 g, Sodium 1510.8 mg, Sugar 3 g
NO-SOAK PRESSURE COOKER RICE AND BEANS
If you remember to soak your beans the night before, I salute you. This recipe is for the rest of us. On their own these rice and beans are bland as all get out, but after cooking you can spruce them up by stirring in some olive oil and a few dashes of Tabasco, or some sesame oil and soy sauce, or some recaito, or whatever you like. I've used black beans instead of kidney beans, and once made this with azuki beans and brown glutinous rice, all with equal success. Using a small metal bowl covered with aluminum foil inside your pressure cooker is recommended to prevent the foam that is produced by the cooking rice and beans from blocking the vent tube, which could be very, very bad. If you're tempted to forgo this saftey precaution, I urge you to check your owner's manual for recommendations on cooking rice and beans. Me, I'm lazy, and like having the bowl with its foil cover ready for storing leftovers.
Provided by Podkayne
Categories Brown Rice
Yield 4 cups
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Combine rice, beans and 3 cups of water in a metal bowl that will fit inside your pressure cooker, and cover the bowl with aluminum foil, crimping the edges tightly.
- Place the bowl inside the pressue cooker on a rack, and add 1 1/2 cups of additional water to the cooker outside the bowl.
- Put the pressure cooker lid on, close securely, and bring up to pressure.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
- Either allow the pressure to come down on its own, or releive the pressure using the quick-release method (see your pressure cooker's manual).
- Stir thorougly and season to taste.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 248.6, Fat 1.6, SaturatedFat 0.3, Sodium 11.3, Carbohydrate 49.8, Fiber 5.1, Sugar 0.9, Protein 8.8
SOUTHERN RED BEANS & RICE FOR THE PRESSURE COOKER
This is an adaptation of a New Orleans style recipe. I've made it vegetarian & adapted it for the pressure cooker. If you're lucky enough to own a pressure cooker it's a great, fast way to cook any dried beans without soaking in less than an hour. In this preparation I intentionally mash the beans because I enjoy a thicker gravy consistency to my red beans. As a warning, I'm a southern girl so I enjoy food with a little kick. If you don't like spicy food, definitely cut the cayenne in this recipe in half.
Provided by marypatlaver
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In your pressure cooker without the lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Sauté the onions, bell pepper, celery, & garlic for about 5 minutes,.
- Add all the other ingredients, then attach pressure cooker lid & seal with rubber sealing ring and rocker weight installed. Heat on high until the rocker begins to oscillate, then adjust heat down until the rocker weight oscillates to a slow rhythm (between 2 & 3 on my electric stove). Cook 45 minutes. Remove pot from heat & allow pressure to release.
- After all pressure has been released, carefully remove the lid. Remove the bay leaves with a slotted spoon. Use a potato masher to partially mash the beans. Stir over medium low heat for five minutes to allow the liquid to thicken, adding additional water if necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Serve over hot cooked rice. Garnish with green onion & hot sauce if you'd like.
RED BEANS & RICE (PRESSURE COOKER)
This is a flavorful, spicy recipe. Not sure how authentic it is, but it's delicious! I created this scaled down recipe because I live alone, and it's nice to not have to make 10 servings. I like it with less liquid like this, just enough to create a sort of spicy "gravy". You can use more depending on what consistency you like. Try serving it with a cool cucumber/onion salad.
Provided by dividend
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Warm the oil and fat in the pressure cooker over medium heat.
- Add the onion, pepper, and celery with a big pinch of salt, and sauté for 5 minutes, until the veggies are soft.
- Add the garlic, sauté for 2 minutes. Don't let it burn!
- Mix the spices together.
- Add the spices to the pressure cooker, and stir everything around.
- Add the ham stock, beans and bay leaves, and bring to a boil.
- Lock on the lid, and bring to pressure over high heat.
- Turn the heat down to medium, and cook at pressure for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let the pressure drop.
- Meanwhile, brown the andouille on all sides in a skillet, and cut into chunks.
- Once the pressure has dropped, add the sausage, lock the lid back on, and bring back to pressure.
- Cook at pressure for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, let the pressure drop.
- Serve over white rice, garnished with the green onions or parsley, and hot sauce, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 264.1, Fat 19.3, SaturatedFat 6, Cholesterol 32.4, Sodium 996.7, Carbohydrate 10.2, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 2.8, Protein 13.7
VEGAN PRESSURE COOKER RED BEANS AND RICE
Here's a vegan version of the classic New Orleans dish that uses smoked paprika, miso paste and soy sauce to add a savory notes. Pressure cookers are ideal for preparing dried beans; even unsoaked beans cook quickly and evenly, so that the beans become creamy but still keep their shape (though we've got instructions for a slow cooker approach, too). Here, you want the beans to be very tender, so that the stew is thick - with a few beans that have slightly broken down - and not soupy. This vegan version of "Monday red beans" is not as creamy as the one made with pork, so smashing a few beans against the side of the pot at the end of cooking is particularly important. Louisiana-style hot sauce is key as well.
Provided by Sarah DiGregorio
Categories beans, sausages, main course
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Turn on the sauté setting of a 6- to 8-quart electric pressure cooker and heat the oil. Add the onion, season with salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until limp and translucent, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the celery and bell pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the chopped garlic, miso paste, smoked paprika, sweet paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne and sage (if using). Grind in a generous amount of black pepper and add 3/4 teaspoon salt. Stir well to combine all the ingredients, then turn off the sauté setting.
- Add the beans, bay leaves, thyme and 5 1/2 cups water. Scrape the bottom of the pot to loosen any browned bits. Cook on high pressure until the beans are creamy, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Turn off the pressure cooker and allow the pressure to reduce naturally for 10 minutes, then release the remaining pressure manually and open the lid. Add the soy sauce, and season to taste with salt and cayenne. Using a fork, mash some of the beans against the side of the pressure cooker to make the mixture creamy. It will continue to thicken as it sits, or you can turn on the sauté setting and let the mixture bubble for a few minutes to thicken. Discard the bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Top the beans with hot cooked rice and scallions; serve with hot sauce.
People also searched
More about "red beans rice pressure cooker food"
INSTANT POT RED BEANS AND RICE - TESTED BY AMY + JACKY
Ratings 30Calories 605 per servingCategory Dinner, Lunch, Main
- Soak Dried Red Kidney Beans: *Note: If you're using canned red kidney beans, skip this step. Just drain and rinse the beans before cooking.a. Overnight Soaking Method (Recommended): Place 1lb (454g) dried red kidney beans and 1½ tbsp (25g) fine table salt in a large container. Pour 6 cups (1.5L) cold water in the container and give it a few stirs. Soak beans overnight for at least 8 – 16 hours. *Pro Tip: If your house is very warm, place the beans in the fridge to avoid fermentation.b. Quick Soaking Method: *Note: If you’re short on time, use this quick soaking method, but the result won’t be as good as the overnight soaking method. Place 1lb (454g) dried red kidney beans, 1½ tbsp (25g) fine table salt, and 6 cups (1.5L) cold water in Instant Pot. Close lid and Pressure Cook at High Pressure for 0 minute + 30 minutes Natural Release. *Pro Tip: No matter which method you use, rinse red beans under cold running water and drain well before cooking.
- Saute Sausages: Press “Saute” button to “Sauté More” function to heat up Instant Pot. Wait until the indicator says “HOT” (~8 mins). Add 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil or vegetable oil and 1lb (454g) sliced sausages in Instant Pot, then saute for 4 minutes.
- Saute Onions & Spices: Add diced onions, green bell peppers, and celery in Instant Pot, then saute for 3 minutes. Add in minced garlic, 3 bay leaves, ½ tsp (0.4g) dried thymes, ½ tsp (0.5g) dried oregano, 1 tsp (3g) smoked paprika, and ½ - 1 tsp (1.2g - 2.4g) cayenne pepper, then saute for another minute. *Spicy Level Tip: This dish's spicy level will depend on your sausage, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Adjust how much cayenne pepper to use according to how spicy you want your red beans and rice to be. We used ½ tsp (1.2g) cayenne pepper and it was close to medium spicy.
- Deglaze Instant Pot & Add Soy Sauce: Pour ½ cup (125ml) unsalted chicken stock in Instant Pot, then deglaze by scrubbing all the flavorful brown bits off the bottom of the pot. Add in 2 tbsp (30ml) regular soy sauce, then give it a quick mix.
HOW TO MAKE RED BEANS AND RICE IN A PRESSURE COOKER
Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
PRESSURE COOKER RED BEANS AND RICE - BUDGET MEAL ~ …
PRESSURE COOKER RED BEANS AND RICE - DADCOOKSDINNER
INSTANT POT RED BEANS AND RICE (VEGAN) - THE SIMPLE …
PRESSURE COOKER VEGETARIAN RED BEANS AND RICE
RED BEANS AND RICE PRESSURE COOKER RECIPE - INSTANT POT
INSTANT POT RED BEANS AND RICE - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
4.8/5 (82)Uploaded Sep 18, 2021Category Main CoursePublished Nov 6, 2019
RICE AND BEANS IS THE CULINARY BACKBONE OF BRAZIL - DELISH
PRESSURE COOKER MONDAY RED BEANS AND RICE - FOOD REVOLUTION …
THE BEST PRESSURE COOKERS TO BUY IN CANADA 2023 | NATIONAL POST
PRESSURE COOKER RED KIDNEY BEANS AND RICE | BUSH’S® BEANS
PRESSURE COOKER RED BEANS AND RICE RECIPE + BEST SIDE DISHES FOR …
PRESSURE-COOKED RED BEANS AND RICE - MY FOOD AND FAMILY
ENTREE - VEGETARIAN RED BEANS AND RICE PRESSURE COOKER RECIPES
CANCOOKER ON INSTAGRAM: "OUR LOUISIANA RED BEANS AND RICE IS A …
INSTANT POT RED BEANS AND RICE - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love