RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERBS
- Brown lamb:
- Heat a dry 12-inch heavy skillet over high heat until hot, at least 2 minutes. Meanwhile, pat lamb dry and rub meat all over with salt and pepper. Add oil to hot skillet, then brown racks, in 2 batches if necessary, on all sides (not ends), about 10 minutes per batch.
- Transfer racks to a small (13- by 9-inch) roasting pan.
- Coat and roast lamb:
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together garlic, herbs, salt, pepper, and oil. Coat meaty parts of lamb with herb mixture, pressing to help adhere. Roast 15 minutes, then cover lamb loosely with foil and roast until thermometer inserted diagonally into center of meat registers 120°F, 5 to 10 minutes more. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 125 to 130°F for medium-rare while lamb stands.)
- Cut each rack into 4 double chops.
RACK OF LAMB WITH MUSTARD AND HERBS
My daughter served this for a dinner party recently, and we all really liked it, so I asked her for the recipe. She said she got if from her one of her Williams-Sonoma cookbooks, though I don't know which one. But I think this recipe produces a wonderfully flavorful rack of lamb that we all enjoyed. I hope you do, too.
Provided by Northwestgal
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 2 racks of lamb, 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sear lamb, one rack at a time. Using tongs, hold each rack upright; sear ends, about 20 seconds each. Rack should look golden. Transfer racks to 13x9-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, stir together bread crumbs, garlic, thyme, rosemary, butter, and a pinch of salt; mix well.
- Brush seared lamb with a thin layer of mustard. Sprinkle bread crumbs over surface of lamb, pressing so it adheres well.
- Roast lamb at 400° until a thermometer reads 120° (about 20 minutes for rare, 25 minutes for medium-rare).
- Before slicing, let lamb rest on cutting board 10 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
GARLIC HERB CRUSTED ROAST RACK OF LAMB RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: rack of lamb, salt, pepper, olive oil, garlic, breadcrumb, fresh flat-leaf parsley, fresh rosemary, grated parmesan cheese, whole grain dijon mustard
Provided by Kiano Moju
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season lamb generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron over medium high heat.
- To the hot pan, add in 4 tablespoons of the the olive oil, along with the lamb and garlic. Sear all sides of the lamb until browned, about 3-4 minutes. Remove browned lamb, and place cooked lamb onto a baking sheet.
- Remove garlic and add to food processor with along with the breadcrumbs, parsley, parmesan, rosemary, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Pulse until combined. Pour onto a large plate.
- Brush the top and sides of the lamb with mustard.
- Coat the top and sides of the lamb with the breadcrumb mixture and roast in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to rest before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 517 calories, Carbohydrate 13 grams, Fat 34 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 36 grams, Sugar 1 gram
TANGY HERB-CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB
DH and I found this to be an easy, tasty way to prepare rack of lamb. It is from Williams-Sonoma Kitchen. Prep time includes marinating time. I believe DH and I had to cook longer than 15 mins for medium-rare. We skipped the lemon wedges as it was just the two of us and we weren't concerned about presentation.
Provided by Dr. Jenny
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon zest, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and 1/4 cup olive oil. Spread the mixture evenly over the racks of lamb. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season the racks of lamb with salt and pepper. In a large ovenproof saute pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 Tb olive oil. Add the lamb and cook until browned on both sides, about 7 minutes total.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook until the lamb is well browned and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the racks, away from the bone, registers 130F for medium-rare, about 15 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Transfer the racks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Carve into individual chops and serve the lemon wedges alongside.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200, Fat 20.6, SaturatedFat 2.9, Sodium 3.5, Carbohydrate 8, Fiber 3.4, Sugar 0.1, Protein 1
RACK OF LAMB PROVENCALE WITH GARLIC CONFIT
Yet another Lamb Recipe from my Toolbelt. LCBO, featured the Flavours of France and share with you. Succulent rack of lamb, heady with the fragrance of garlic and herbs. The garlic loses all its strong aromas and becomes a mellow vegetable when it is cooked. Its flavour beautifully complements the lamb. As an ideal match for the rich savour of lamb, herbs and garlic, Wine Tidings magazine chooses these robust full bodied reds from Southern France. - Fortant de France Cabernet Sauvignon. - Rigal Cahors. - Chateau de Gourgazaud. - Rasteau Cote du Rhone Villages (my third choice). - Calvet Reserve Bordeaux. - Guigal Cotes du Rhone (my second choice). - Jaboulet Crozes Hermitage. - Chateau Montlabert. - Mommessin Chateauneuf-du-Pape (my first choice).
Provided by TOOLBELT DIVA
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- To Make Garlic Confit:.
- Separate garlic into cloves. Slice root end off each clove but do not peel.
- Place in saucepan, cover with water and bring to boil.
- Boil 5 minutes. Drain and slip garlic out of its skin; it will come out easily.
- Heat butter in skillet on low heat, add garlic cloves, cover and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until garlic is golden (about 10 minutes). Reserve garlic and skillet for sauce.
- To Pepare the Lamb Racks:.
- Cut away last 2 inches of fat and meat from bones. Trim remaining fat; cut racks in half.
- In a small bowl, combine Dijon mustard, rosemary, thyme, parsley, breadcrumbs, oil, salt and pepper. Pat over lamb racks.
- Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.
- Place lamb on a rack over roasting pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until juices are slightly pink. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- To Make Sauce:.
- In the reserved skillet, add red wine, vinegar and sugar. Reduce until glazed (about 3 minutes). Add stock and butter and boil until slightly thickened. Scatter in garlic confit and parsley.
- To Serve:.
- Slice lamb down into chops, spoon on a little sauce and garnish with garlic confit.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and vegetables.
- Open your bottle(s) of wine, pour liberally, and enjoy!
People also searched
More about "rack of lamb with garlic and herbs food"
GARLIC & HERB RACK OF LAMB | READY IN 25 MINUTES
5/5 (16)Total Time 25 minsCategory MainCalories 1080 per serving
RACK OF LAMB WITH FRESH HERBS AND GARLIC RECIPE | BON …
5/5 (3)Author Colin CowieServings 6
- Combine first 6 ingredients in food processor. Blend until garlic is finely chopped. Add 4 tablespoons oil and blend until coarse paste forms. Sprinkle each lamb rack generously with salt. Transfer half of herb paste to small bowl and reserve. Spread remaining half of herb paste over lamb racks. Arrange lamb on rimmed baking sheet. Let stand at room temperature 2 hours. DO AHEAD Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover lamb and reserved herb paste separately and chill. Bring both to room temperature before continuing.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Place 1 lamb rack, meat side down, in skillet. Sear until golden, about 2 minutes; return to baking sheet, meat side up. Repeat with remaining lamb racks. Roast lamb until meat thermometer inserted into center of lamb registers 130°F for medium-rare, about 20 minutes. Transfer lamb to platter. Let stand 15 minutes. Mix any pan juices into reserved herb paste. Cut lamb between bones into individual chops. Serve with herb sauce.
GRILLED RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERBS | SAVEUR
Servings 4Total Time 3 hrs 55 mins
MEDITERRANEAN GARLIC HERB CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB | THE …
GARLIC-CRUSTED ROAST RACK OF LAMB RECIPE BY KENNY …
RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERBS - GOOD DECISIONS
RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY - DINNER AT THE ZOO
ROASTED RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERBS
GRILLED RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERBS | WILLIAMS SONOMA
GARLIC AND HERB MARINATED RACK OF LAMB RECIPE BY TASTY RECIPES
GARLIC HERB CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB | PRIMALGOURMET
ROSEMARY AND GARLIC ROASTED LAMB RACK & GIMBLETT GRAVELS …
HERBED RACK OF LAMB RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERBS FOOD
GARLIC AND HERB STUFFED TURKEY BREAST | GRILLINFOOLS
HOW TO COOK RACK OF LAMB ON GRILL? - TEST FOOD KITCHEN
GARLIC HERB CRUSTED ROAST RACK OF LAMB RECIPE BY TASTY RECIPES
RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERBS – FOODATHOME
R/FOOD - [I ATE] HERB CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB WITH GARLIC WHIPPED …
RACK OF LAMB WITH AN HERB CRUST RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RACK OF LAMB (HERB CRUSTED WITH ROASTED GARLIC SAUCE)
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Lamb racks with garlic?
What do you serve with rack of lamb?
What is a rack of lamb roast?
How many ribs are in a rack of lamb?