CHERRY PEACH PANTRY GALETTE
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet or large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper and lay the round of pie crust on top.
- Toss the peaches and cherries with the cornstarch, vanilla, cinnamon and 1/3 cup sugar in a bowl until well combined. Mound the fruit mixture in the center of the dough round and spread slightly, leaving a 1 1/2-inch border. Fold the edges over the fruit, pleating as necessary. Whisk the egg and mix with a tablespoon of water. Using a pastry brush, brush the egg wash on the exposed crust. Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon sugar over the top of the fruit. Bake until the crust is golden brown all over and the fruit juices are thick and bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Cool slightly and serve warm or at room temperature.
CONTEST-WINNING PEACH COBBLER
Canned peaches make this cobbler quick to assemble. The tender topping pairs nicely with the sweet fruit filling and butterscotch sauce. The sauce should always be served warm. -Ellen Merick, North Pole, Alaska
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Drain peaches, reserving 1/2 cup syrup for the sauce. In a large bowl, combine peaches, brown sugar, tapioca, cinnamon if desired, lemon juice and vanilla. Transfer to an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Let stand for 15 minutes., In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in eggs. Drop by spoonfuls onto peach mixture; spread evenly. Bake at 350° until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean, 50-55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes., For butterscotch sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, flour, salt, butter and reserved peach syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened, 1 minute. Remove from the heat; add lemon juice. If desired, serve cobbler with ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 352 calories, Fat 9g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 51mg cholesterol, Sodium 248mg sodium, Carbohydrate 67g carbohydrate (51g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 2g protein.
Provided by Marcy Masumoto
Categories Brunch Dessert Bake Picnic Peach Summer Chill Party Potluck Pastry Advance Prep Required Kidney Friendly Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher
Yield Makes one 8 to 9-inch galette; serves 6 to 8
Number Of Ingredients 15
- To make the pastry, combine the flours, granulated sugar, and salt in a food processor and pulse until blended. Scatter the butter over the flour mixture and pulse until it looks like coarse sand. (Alternatively, combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl and work the mixture with a pastry blender until it has a sand-like texture.) In a small bowl or cup, whisk together the 1 egg and the milk until blended, pour into the food processor or bowl all at once, and pulse or gently mix by hand until the dough forms a rough clump. Do not overwork the dough to avoid toughness.
- Lightly flour a work surface. Transfer the dough to the floured surface, form it into a ball, and then flatten into a disk 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick. Don't knead it! Wrap it in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 1/2 to 2 hours or for up to 1 day.
- When the dough is well chilled, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and let it warm at room temperature for about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, make the filling. In a small bowl, stir together the granulated sugar, the flour, and the cinnamon, mixing well. Place the peaches in a bowl, sprinkle the sugar mixture over the top, and toss gently. (If the peaches are tart, you may want to add a little more sugar.)
- Lay a large sheet of parchment paper on a work surface and dust the parchment with flour. Place the dough on the floured parchment and roll it out into a round about 11 inches in diameter and 1/8 inch thick. Transfer the pastry with the parchment to a rimmed or rimless baking sheet large enough to accommodate the pastry round comfortably. Starting 1 to 1 1/2 inches from the edge of the round, arrange the peach wedges in a single layer in concentric circles, continuing until you reach the center of the round. Fold the outer edges of the pastry over the peaches, creating overlapping folds as you work around the perimeter. If your peaches are extra juicy, leave the extra juice in the bowl so that the filling does not overflow in the oven. Brush the pastry border with 1 tablespoon beaten egg and then sprinkle lightly with the turbinado sugar.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until the crust is golden and the filling is bubbling. If your galette has a lot of juice, you may want to place a second pan on the lowest rack in the oven under the baking sheet to catch any juices that overflow.
- Let the galette cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack. Cut into wedges to serve.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Make the crust: Whisk the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Work in the butter until it is in pea-size pieces. Mix the sour cream with 3 tablespoons ice water, then stir into the flour mixture with a fork. Turn out the dough onto a piece of plastic wrap, press into a disk and wrap. Refrigerate 2 hours. Roll out the dough on a floured surface into a 12-inch circle. Place on a baking sheet and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Make the filling: Toss the peaches and plums with the granulated sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Arrange the fruit over the dough, leaving a 1 1/2-inch border. Fold in the edge of the dough, pleating as needed.
- Bake the galette: Brush the edge of the dough with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake until golden and bubbling, 45 to 50 minutes.
CHERRY AND PEACH GALETTE
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees F. Butter a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon butter. Unfold 1 sheet puff pastry on a floured surface. Beat the egg with 1 tablespoon water and brush over the dough. Unfold the other sheet of puff pastry and lay it on top; press the sheets together with a rolling pin, then roll out into a 14-inch square. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes. (Refrigerate the leftover egg wash for brushing the galette.)
- Combine the sugar, allspice, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice in a large bowl; transfer 2 tablespoons of the mixture to a small bowl and set aside for sprinkling. Add the cherries, peaches and 3 tablespoons flour to the remaining sugar mixture and toss.
- Trim the edges of the pastry with a pizza wheel or sharp knife to make a 12-inch round. Spoon the cherry mixture in the center, leaving a 2-inch border. Cut the remaining 1 tablespoon butter into small pieces and scatter on top. Fold in the pastry edges over the filling, pleating as needed.
- Bake the galette until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Remove the galette from the oven, brush the crust with the reserved egg wash and sprinkle with the reserved sugar mixture. Return the galette to the oven and bake until the juices thicken and the pastry is cooked through, 30 to 45 more minutes (depending on the juiciness of the cherries). Transfer to a rack and let cool at least 10 minutes so the filling sets.
PEACH GALETTE WITH BROWN SUGAR CRUST
Serve our showstopper dessert at a summer get-together. Roasted peaches are piled into buttery pastry, with a lovely crunch from demerara sugar
Provided by Anna Glover
Categories Afternoon tea, Dessert
Number Of Ingredients 16
- To make the pastry, put the flour, butter and sugar in the bowl of food processor and pulse until it looks like breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and 1 tbsp cold water, then pulse again until it forms a ball. Wrap and chill for 30 mins.
- For the frangipane, beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy, add the egg, whisk again, then fold in the ground almonds to make a paste. Cut the peaches into thin slices, then toss in a bowl with the lemon juice, cornflour, vanilla and icing sugar. Mix gently until the fruit is coated and the cornflour dissolved. Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and heat a large baking sheet on the middle shelf.
- Roll the pastry out in between two pieces of baking parchment to a large disc about 5mm thick and 35cm in diameter. Remove the top layer of parchment, draw a 30cm circle onto it, cut it out, and use as a template to cut out a disc of pastry, or roughly trim the pastry into a circle by eye for a more rustic look.
- Smooth the frangipane over the middle of the pastry with a spatula, leaving a 5cm border around the edge. Arrange the peach slices over the top in a pattern, either in a circle or little fans of fruit.
- Fold in the edges of the pastry to slightly overlap the fruit. Brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle over the demerara, then transfer to the hot baking sheet using the parchment.
- Bake for 30-35 mins until the pastry is golden and the fruit looks soft. Leave to cool to room temperature. Heat the jam in the microwave for a few seconds, or in a small pan until warm and runny, then use to glaze the fruit. Serve with thick cream or ice cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 582 calories, Fat 35 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 57 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 31 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 9 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
People also searched
More about "peach galette food"
PEACH GALETTE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.7/5 (20)Total Time 1 hr 40 minsCategory Dessert, Galette, Peach, Rustic TartCalories 246 per serving
EASY PEACH GALETTE RECIPE (VIDEO) - NATASHASKITCHEN.COM
4.9/5 (59)Calories 339 per servingCategory Medium
PEACH GALETTE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
PEACH AND BLACKBERRY GALETTE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
EASY PEACH GALETTE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PEACH GALETTE - THE …
Servings 10-12Total Time 15 minsCategory Baking, Dessert
PEACH COBBLER - A FARMGIRL'S KITCHEN®
PEACH GALETTE - FEELGOODFOODIE
HOW TO MAKE A GALETTE - FOOD & WINE
A SUMMER PEACH GALETTE RECIPE - FORK KNIFE SWOON
EASIEST PEACH GALETTE - FOOD WINE AND LOVE
BEST PEACH GALETTE RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE PEACH GALETTE - GOOD …
BAKERY | WEGMANS
PEACH GALETTE - JOYFOODSUNSHINE
RESTON VA FOODIES | HELLO ALL! DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A PLACE TO GET ...
PEACH & BLUEBERRY GALETTE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love