EASY BAKED INDIAN SAMOSAS
This has all the flavor and heartiness of a great samosa without the frying. Although this is an easier, healthier version of the fried samosa, it tastes very authentic. This recipe has the added advantage that you can make ahead and freeze uncooked samosas, simply skip the egg brushing, freeze until you're ready and cook at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm, plain, or with chutney.
Provided by pho1962
Categories Appetizers and Snacks
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer potatoes to a bowl; coarsely mash.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir onions, coriander seed, curry powder, ginger, salt, turmeric, cumin, allspice, cayenne pepper, and cinnamon until onion is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir tomatoes and peas into onion mixture; pour into mashed potatoes and thoroughly mix. Cool completely.
- Cut each pie crust into 8 even triangles. Spoon filling onto the wide end of each triangle; fold corners over filling creating a triangular 'hat' shape. Pinch the dough together to form a seal. Brush egg white over each samosa and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until samosas are golden brown, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 314.8 calories, Carbohydrate 32.7 g, Fat 18.7 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 396.2 mg, Sugar 1.4 g
OVEN BAKED VEGETARIAN SAMOSAS
My daughter has been wanting me to make samosas for the longest time! Here is one I don't have to fry! Adapted from Rachael Ray's Big Orange Book.
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 16 samosas, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 27
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water until tender, 5-7 minutes. Drain and reserve in the same pot you cooked them inches.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then addd the jalapeno, ginger, garlic, coriander, curry powder, cumin, allspice, cinnamon, and salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes more. Stir in the drained potatoes, tomato, and peas. Cook for another minute. Stir in enough of the stock to moisten the mixture, then remove it from the heat and let cool.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll ;the pie dough. Cut each dough round into 8 equal wedges, like a pizza. Spoon 1 tbls. of the potato filling onto the middle of each wedge. Brush the edges of the dough with the egg wash and fold up, bringing the three points together over the filling, then pinching at the seams to form a small pyramid. Transfer to a baking sheet and brush the samosas with the egg wash. Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
- While the samosas bake, make the dipping sauce:.
- Combine the mint, cilantro, jalapeno, sugar, salt, lime juice, 1 tbls. water, and the oil in the bowl of a food processor. Grate the garlic and ginger directly into the bowl, then puree until smooth. Transfer to a small serving bowl.
- Serve the samosas hot out of the oven with the mint cilatro dipping sauce.
HEALTHY VEGETARIAN SAMOSAS
- Place potato, beans and onion in a container and bake in microwave (takes around 3-4 mins).
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Place lentils on stove with cumin, coriander, chilli and garlic. Stir occasionally.
- When vegies are cooked, mix with lentils mixture on stove and cook until fragrant.
- Cut mountain bread into halves, so you have triangles.
- Place a small amount of mixture in the middle and fold into a samosa shape. (Start with the triangular shape on the bottom, then fold inwards from the sides.).
- Place on sprayed or baking paper lined tray. Cook in oven for eight minutes or until hard on the outside.
- Serve with a chilli dip and salad.
Serve up these crisp vegan samosas as a tasty starter or side dish with your favourite curry. They also make great buffet food for your next party.
Provided by Member recipe by maddiek
Categories Buffet, Side dish, Snack
Yield Makes 24
Number Of Ingredients 12
- To make the filling, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and garlic, mix in the spices and fry for 10 mins until soft. Add the vegetables, seasoning and stir well until coated. Add the stock, cover and simmer for 30 mins until cooked. Leave to cool.
- To make the pastry, mix flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the oil and 100ml water to make a firm dough. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5-10 mins until smooth and roll into a ball. Cover in cling film and set aside at room temperature for 30 mins.
- Divide the pastry into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and roll out into a circle of 15cm. Divide this circle into two equal pieces with a knife.
- Brush each edge with a little water and form a cone shape around your fingers, sealing the dampened edge. Fill with 1 tbsp mixture and press the two dampened edges together to seal the top of the cone. Repeat with the remaining pastry.
- Heat the oil in a large deep saucepan to 180C. The oil should come 1/3rd of the way up the pan. Deep fry the samosas in batches for 8-10 mins until crisp and brown. Take out and drain on kitchen paper.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 105 calories, Fat 7 grams fat, SaturatedFat 1 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 1 grams sugar, Fiber 1 grams fiber, Protein 1 grams protein, Sodium 0.43 milligram of sodium
People also searched
More about "oven baked vegetarian samosas food"
BAKED SAMOSAS - LOVE & GOOD STUFF
3.7/5 (18)Category AppetizerCuisine IndianCalories 107 per serving
BAKED VEGAN SAMOSAS - CONNOISSEURUS VEG
5/5 (12)Total Time 1 hr 30 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 558 per serving
BAKED VEGETARIAN SAMOSAS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
3.9/5 (81)Category Appetizer, SnackAuthor Jolinda HackettCalories 617 per serving
BAKED TORTILLA SAMOSAS RECIPE - HEALTHIER STEPS
EASY BAKED VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE SAMOSAS - MOON AND …
OVEN-BAKED VEGETABLE SAMOSAS [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN …
SAMOSAS | GIMME SOME OVEN
BAKED SAMOSA RECIPE: A VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE APPETIZER - DR. AXE
BAKED SAMOSA - SPICE UP THE CURRY
HEALTHY SAMOSAS (BAKED OR AIR-FRIED) - URBAN FARMIE
VEGAN SAMOSA RECIPE (CRISPY INDIAN PUNJABI) - BIANCA ZAPATKA
EASY VEGETABLE SAMOSA RECIPE | VEGAN - SNEAKY VEG
EASY SAMOSAS RECIPE - BBC FOOD
10 BEST VEGAN SAMOSAS RECIPES | YUMMLY
OVEN-BAKED VEGETABLE SAMOSAS [VEGAN] - ONE GREEN …
15 INDIAN VEGETARIAN AIR FRYER RECIPES - SELECTED RECIPES
You'll also love