In just under an hour and with only three ingredients, you can make a batch of raspberry jam that's bursting with flavor and color. We found that macerating the berries prior to cooking helps release more of their natural fruit pectin, eliminating the need for any additional thickener. Serve the jam on toast, as part of a cheese board or over yogurt or even ice cream.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 2 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Toss the raspberries, sugar and lemon zest and juice in a medium saucepan to combine, then mash slightly to release some of the berry juice. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the raspberries to macerate and the sugar to dissolve. Meanwhile, place a small plate in the freezer to chill; this will be used to test the doneness of the jam.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium, stirring frequently. Continue to cook until the jam becomes thick and syrupy, about 25 minutes. To test doneness, place a small amount of the jam onto the chilled plate and freeze for 2 minutes. Drag your finger or spoon through it. If the jam holds its shape and thickness, the jam is done; remove from the heat. If it's runny, continue to cook and test again in 5-minute increments. Once the jam has reached the right consistency, transfer to jars and cool completely before storing, covered tightly. Jam will keep in the refrigerator up to 6 months.
RASPBERRY JAM WITHOUT PECTIN
This is another 'lucky' situation when things turn for better. While making my raspberry jam, I totally forgot to add pectin. The result: exactly the same that if I did add some. Easier, simpler, and less risky than adding pectin to it.
Provided by Francine Lizotte Club Foody
Categories Side Dish Sauces and Condiments Recipes Canning and Preserving Recipes Jams and Jellies Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Bring raspberries to a boil in a very large pot. Cook for 4 minutes. Add sugar and lemon juice; stir well. Bring back to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for another 4 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and pour jam into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch of space at the top. Seal and transfer jars into a boiling water bath. Make sure jars are covered with at least 1 inch of water; let sit for 5 minutes. Lift jars and let them cool in a draft-free place without touching, 8 hours to overnight.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59.7 calories, Carbohydrate 15.3 g, Fiber 0.6 g, Protein 0.1 g, Sugar 14.7 g
People also searched
More about "old fashioned raspberry jam food"
OLD FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM - TASTY KITCHEN
RASPBERRY FREEZER JAM RECIPE - TASTES BETTER FROM …
RASPBERRY JAM - HOMEMADE JAM RECIPE WITH PECTIN
RASPBERRY JAM DROP BISCUITS - BAKING RECIPES - THE …
RASPBERRY JAM BARS - ONCE UPON A CHEF
OLD FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM - MUMMY IS COOKING
RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE | THE BEST OLD FASHIONED JAM
RASPBERRY JAM - NO PECTIN (3 INGREDIENTS) - VEENA …
RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE RASPBERRY JAM
4.8/5 (11)Total Time 35 minsCategory Brunch, Breakfast, Fruit
OLD-FASHIONED NO PECTIN RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE - THE …
4.4/5 (58)Category Preserving FoodCuisine AmericanTotal Time 30 mins
- Start by sanitizing jars and washing lids and rings. Then, place all of your half pint jars in a water bath canner and fill it with water. Turn the heat to high and allow the water to start simmering while you prepare the jam.
- A trick to help sugar dissolve more easily in jam is to warm your sugar. Preheat your oven to 250°F. Place all 6 cups of sugar into a baking dish. Throw it into the oven for about 15 minutes.
- While your sugar is warming, place 9 cups of raspberries into a large 5 quart stockpot. Heat them up, mashing them with a potato masher or something similar while they heat. Once they reach a boil, allow them to boil hard for 1 full minute, stirring constantly.
- Once they've boiled for a full minute, add the warmed sugar to the raspberries. You'll want to boil this fruit sugar mixture for about 5 minutes, here's a trick to tell when the mixture is ready.
RASPBERRY JAM - POMONA'S UNIVERSAL PECTIN - SUGAR FREE NO …
OLD-FASHIONED STRAWBERRY JAM RECIPE | CANADIAN LIVING
THE EASIEST HOMEMADE RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE (WITHOUT PECTIN)
OLD-FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM - NO PECTIN RECIPE
OLD FASHIONED RASPBERRY JAM - FOOD PREPAREDNESS ON THE …
SEEDLESS RASPBERRY JAM - GET THE GOOD STUFF
SPICY SWEET RASPBERRY PEPPER JAM | OLD FASHIONED FAMILIES
DELICIOUS RASPBERRY JAM RECIPE (WITHOUT PECTIN) - RURAL SPROUT
RASPBERRY JAM RECIPES - BBC FOOD
SEEDLESS RASPBERRY JAM - THE TIMELESS BAKER
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love