From a little old cookbook called "Virginia Seasons." My written notes at the top of this one say, "Wonderful!" I last made it in 1994 -- time to make it again!
Provided by vrvrvr
Yield 1 pie, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Slice mushrooms and saute in olive oil in small skillet over medium heat until just tender. Remove to a small plate and set aside.
- Add spinach to skillet, over medium heat, and season with salt, onion, garlic. Stir and cook a few minutes.
- Lightly butter a 9" pie plate.
- Line pie plate with cooked spinach.
- Top with mushrooms.
- Drizzle melted butter over.
- Top with cheese and pepper.
- (Can refrigerate at this point, covered. Bring to room temp before baking, if made ahead.).
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes until sizzling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 200.6, Fat 15.5, SaturatedFat 9, Cholesterol 40.1, Sodium 653.3, Carbohydrate 7.9, Fiber 3.9, Sugar 2.6, Protein 11
PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS FLORENTINE
- Preheat oven to 425°. Spritz mushrooms with cooking spray; place in a 15x10x1-in. pan, stem side up. Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, until tender, about 10 minutes., Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute onion until tender. Stir in spinach until wilted., Whisk together eggs and salt; add to skillet. Cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains; spoon onto mushrooms. Sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, basil.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 126 calories, Fat 5g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 18mg cholesterol, Sodium 472mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 11g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
PORTABELLA MUSHROOM SOUP
- Saute the leeks and onions in butter in a large pot over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender; about 2-3 minutes.
- Lower heat, add the mushrooms, and cook about 10 minutes longer, covered, stirring occasionally.
- Raise heat to medium, stir in the flour, and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the thyme, bay leaf, broth, salt, sugar, and pepper.
- Simmer, partially covered, for about 10 minutes.
- Cool the soup slightly; discard the bay leaf; then puree the soup in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Return the pureed soup to the pan and add the cream.
- Cook over low heat until just heated through, but do not boil.
- Adjust seasonings if necessary, and serve garnished with parsley.
MUSHROOM FLORENTINE SOUP
I have been doing a low carb diet and found this recipe on Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes and thought I would give it a try. It is wonderful. And tastes so rich. Very good soup and good for you.
Provided by virginia duncan
Categories Cream Soups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1. Saute the mushrooms, onion, garlic and seasonings in butter and wine; cook on high heat until reduced by half, about 4 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat and put half of the soup in a small, deep bowl. Puree the soup in the bowl with a stick blender. The mushrooms may get caught a bit in the blender blades, but keep going and they'll eventually all end up in the soup.
- 3. Return the puree to the pot and heat until the soup is hot. Stir in the spinach and cream; heat through just a minute or so and serve at once.
- 4. makes 2-3 servings. Don't freeze. per 1/2 recipe: 317 calories; 28g Fat; 8g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 5g Net Carbs.
People also searched
More about "mushroom florentine soup food"
MUSHROOM FLORENTINE PASTA RECIPE - SHE WEARS MANY …
4.4/5 (625)Category Main DishesServings 4Total Time 25 mins
- While pasta cooks, in a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When oil begins to ripple add sliced mushrooms, sauté for 6 minutes. Add minced garlic, sauté for 2 more minutes until garlic just begins to brown.
- Whisk flour, chicken broth, milk, salt and pepper mixture into mushrooms and garlic, bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
STEAK & MUSHROOM FLORENTINE - COOK WITH CAMPBELLS …
3.9/5 (7)Calories 410Servings 4Calories 410 per serving
MUSHROOM FLORENTINE SOUP - LINDA'S LOW CARB …
MUSHROOM NOODLE FLORENTINE RECIPE - WHAT'S FOR DINNER?
78% (80)Category DinnerCuisine Italian
2 DELICIOUS MUSHROOM SOUPS WITH JUST 4 KEY INGREDIENTS - PLUS A …
CHICKEN MUSHROOM FLORENTINE SOUP - WALKING ON SUNSHINE RECIPES
CHICKEN FLORENTINE SOUP - LIFE, LOVE, AND GOOD FOOD
20 RECIPES THAT START WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
SOUPS & SALADS ARCHIVES - LA MADELEINE
FISH FLORENTINE RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
MUSHROOM SOUP RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
ENTRéES & FRENCH FAVORITES ARCHIVES - LA MADELEINE
STEAK & MUSHROOM FLORENTINE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
RESTON & AUCHENCROW COMMUNITY LARDER - FACEBOOK
MUSHROOM FLORENTINE SOUP – RECIPES NETWORK
You'll also love