HOMESTYLE POTATO CHIPS
Making homestyle potato chips is fun and easy. Guaranteed they won't last long! A food processor with a slicing attachment is very helpful. Experiment with the thickness; you may like them thicker or thinner. I like to use olive oil because it has less trans fats, but you can use safflower, corn, or peanut oil as well as vegetable oil.
Provided by ALMALOU
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Snacks Snack Chip Recipes Potato Chip Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Place potato slices into a large bowl of cold water as you slice. Drain, and rinse, then refill the bowl with water, and add the salt. Let the potatoes soak in the salty water for at least 30 minutes. Drain, then rinse and drain again.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Fry potato slices in small batches. Once they start turning golden, remove and drain on paper towels. Continue until all of the slices are fried. Season with additional salt if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 179.2 calories, Carbohydrate 18.6 g, Fat 11.1 g, Fiber 2.3 g, Protein 2.2 g, SaturatedFat 1.4 g, Sodium 2622.6 mg, Sugar 0.8 g
FISH AND CHIPS
- For the fish batter: Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together flour, salt, pepper, malt vinegar and 2 cups water in a bowl.
- Dip each fillet in batter and let excess drip off. Fry until golden and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- For the chips: Preheat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Cut up potatoes into fries. Rinse in water to release the starch, then dry off completely. Deep-fry until golden, about 5 minutes.
HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS
Forget buying a bag of potato chips at the grocery store when you can make these at home. This quick and easy recipe will delight everyone in the family. -Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes Snacks
Yield 8-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut potatoes into very thin slices. Place in a large bowl; add ice water and salt. Soak for 30 minutes., Drain potatoes; place on paper towels and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, celery salt and pepper; set aside. , In a cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat 1-1/2 in. oil to 375°. Fry potatoes in batches until golden brown, 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. , Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176 calories, Fat 8g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 703mg sodium, Carbohydrate 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 3g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
STEAK & CHIPS
Recreate the ultimate bistro meal at home - once you've cooked your chips this crafty way, you'll never use another recipe again
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Dinner, Main course
Yield Serves 2
Number Of Ingredients 9
- First make the butter: mash all the ingredients together with lots of cracked black pepper. Pat the butter flat between cling film (it'll chill quicker when thinner) and put in the fridge or freezer to harden.
- Cut the potatoes into neat chips, rinse under hot water, then dry on a tea towel. Place the chips in a deep saucepan (they should only come up a third of the way) and just cover with cold oil. Place the pan on a medium heat, bring the oil to a simmer and give the chips a stir with a wooden spoon. Increase the heat so the oil bubbles really quickly and fry the chips, stirring occasionally so they don't stick, until crisp and golden - the whole process will take 15-20 mins. When they are done, scoop out with a slotted spoon onto a plate lined with kitchen paper and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the griddle pan until smoking hot. Season the steaks with salt and pepper and rub with a little oil - how you cook your steak will depend on the cut you have chosen and its thickness. For a steak that's 2cm thick, cook it for 2 mins on each side for rare, adding 1 min more for every increasing degree of doneness. Just before lifting the steaks off the griddle, place half the butter on top of each. Serve the steaks with the chips, some mixed leaves and a tangy dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 980 calories, Fat 67 grams fat, SaturatedFat 25 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 52 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 46 grams protein, Sodium 0.66 milligram of sodium
PUB STYLE FISH AND CHIPS
Make and share this Pub Style Fish and Chips recipe from Food.com.
Provided by danny j
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Heat the safflower oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven over high heat until it reaches 320 degrees.
- Using a V-slicer with a wide blade, slice the potatoes with the skin on. Place in a large bowl with cold water.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and Old Bay seasoning. Whisk in the beer until the batter is completely smooth and free of any lumps. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Note: The batter can be made up to 1 hour ahead of time.
- Drain potatoes thoroughly, removing any excess water. When oil reaches 320 degrees, submerge the potatoes in the oil. Working in small batches, fry for 2 to 3 minutes until they are pale and floppy. Remove from oil, drain, and cool to room temperature.
- Increase the temperature of the oil to 375 degrees. Re-immerse fries and cook until crisp and golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and drain on roasting rack. Season with kosher salt while hot and hold in the oven.
- Allow oil to return to 350 degrees. Lightly dredge fish strips in cornstarch. Working in small batches, dip the fish into batter and immerse into hot oil. When the batter is set, turn the pieces of fish over and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Drain the fish on the roasting rack. Serve with malt vinegar.
People also searched
More about "homemade pub chips food"
HOMEMADE PUB CHIPS
- Wash and dry potatoes, then slice into thin slices, try to keep all slices to the same thickness for even baking.
LOADED PUB CHIPS BAR - URBAN BLISS LIFE
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
ENGLISH PUB FISH AND CHIPS - HOW TO FEED A LOON
HOMEMADE CHIPS RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER POTATO RECIPES
THE BEST CHIPS YOU HAVE EVER TASTED RECIPE - BBC FOOD
PROPER PUB CHIPS | SIDE RECIPES | TESCO REAL FOOD
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HOMEMADE CHIPS | RACV
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS RECIPE — EAT THIS NOT THAT
THE BEST PUB FOOD RECIPES - AN EDIBLE MOSAIC™
CHIPS RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HOW TO HOMEMADE VEGGIE PUB CHIPS! - CALIFORNIA GROWN
HOW TO MAKE FISH AND CHIPS - ALLRECIPES
PUB FOOD RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CLASSIC BRITISH FISH AND CHIPS RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO MAKE A CHIP BUTTY SANDWICH, THE ULTIMATE COMFORT FOOD
PUB FOOD (+ BEST BAR FOOD RECIPES) - INSANELY GOOD
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love