GARLIC AND HERB CRUSTED LAMB CHOPS
Provided by Robert Irvine : Food Network
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place the garlic, bread crumbs, and rosemary in a food processor and pulse for a few seconds to chop, then add enough olive oil until a paste is formed. Season with salt and pepper. Press paste firmly onto surface of lamb chops. Heat grapeseed oil over medium heat in a saute pan and brown each side of the chops, leaving undisturbed for the first 2 minutes to allow the crust to integrate into the meat. Place on a baking sheet and finish in the oven, for approximately 6 to 8 additional minutes.
HERBY LAMB COBBLER
This warming cobbler is impossible to resist on a winter's day, but is so delicious you'll be cooking it up all year round
Provided by Barney Desmazery
Categories Dinner, Main course
Number Of Ingredients 18
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. In a flameproof casserole, heat the oil, then sizzle the bacon for 5 mins until crisp. Turn up the heat, then cook the lamb for 10 mins until brown. Remove meats with a slotted spoon, turn the heat up to maximum, then add the onions, carrots and mushrooms. Cook for about 5 mins until starting to colour, then stir in the flour. Return the meat to the pan with the herbs, and pour over the wine, stock and Worcestershire sauce. Season, then cover and braise in the oven, undisturbed, for about 1 hr 20 mins.
- After about 1 hr, make the topping. Tip the flour and herbs into a large bowl, then season with salt and pepper. Add the butter and mix using a fork. Make a well, then add the lemon juice and 3 tbsp water. Gently bring together to make a soft dough. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 1.5cm thick, then cut into rounds using a 7.5cm pastry cutter. Re-roll the trimmings, then cut out more rounds until the dough is used up. After 1 hr 20 mins, take the casserole from the oven, remove the lid, then arrange the circles of dough, overlapping, around the edge of the dish, sticking bay leaves between them. Brush with egg and bake for 45 mins until golden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 963 calories, Fat 60 grams fat, SaturatedFat 31 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 59 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 9 grams sugar, Fiber 5 grams fiber, Protein 45 grams protein, Sodium 2.89 milligram of sodium
HERBY REDCURRANT LAMB CHOPS
These succulent lamb chops with their fruity, garlic and rosemary sauce make a quick meal. For a barbecue, cook the lamb with its marinade in foil parcels over a moderate heat. Time does not include marinating.
Provided by English_Rose
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a shallow, non-metallic dish, mix together the red wine vinegar and redcurrant jelly. Strip the leaves from the rosemary stalks, set a few aside to garnish, and finely chop the remainder.
- Stir into the redcurrant mixture with the garlic. Add the lamb and turn in the mixture; then allow to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, then add the lamb with its marinade and cook for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through, until the lamb is done to your liking and the sauce has reduced to a sticky consistency.
- Serve the lamb with mashed potatoes and steamed snow peas. Garnish with the reserved rosemary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 357.3, Fat 28.7, SaturatedFat 11.6, Cholesterol 70.3, Sodium 57.9, Carbohydrate 7.9, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 5.4, Protein 15.6
HERB-CRUSTED LEG OF LAMB WITH RED WINE GRAVY
Thanks to a breadcrumb coating made with parsley, mint, rosemary and garlic, this roast joint is a cut above the rest
Provided by James Martin
Categories Main course
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Use a sharp knife to make little slits all over the lamb, then insert a slice of garlic into each hole. Tip the onions and carrot into a large flameproof roasting tin, then place the lamb on top and season. Pour 250ml water into the base of the tin and roast in the oven for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the crust by mixing together all the ingredients and seasoning well. Remove the lamb from the oven and turn the heat down to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Brush the lamb all over with the mustard, then pack on the crust in a thick layer - don't worry if any falls in the tin, this will be used in the gravy later (you probably won't use the entire crust, so set aside what's left for later). Return the lamb to the oven and cook for a further 1 hr 30 mins. Check the lamb during cooking and add more water to the base of the tin if it dries out.
- Remove the lamb from the tin, cover lightly with foil and leave to rest for 30-40 mins - if covered too tightly, the crust will go soggy.
- To make the gravy, put the roasting tin with the vegetables still in it directly on the heat and whisk in the flour. Cook for 1 min, then add the wine, scraping any flour from the bottom of the tin. Let it bubble for 1 min, then pour in the stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 10-15 mins until thickened, stirring in a little of the reserved crust for a thicker gravy. Strain the gravy through a sieve into a pan, discarding the vegetables left in the sieve. Add mustard to taste and stir through the butter. Keep warm until ready to serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 564 calories, Fat 27 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 25 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 4 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 48 grams protein, Sodium 1.5 milligram of sodium
BALSAMIC HERB LAMB CHOPS
O.k. I am not a lamb eater, but was assured by the family this was great! I used this marinade on some lamb chops for a family dinner. The family loved the added flavour. This was just enough for 5 lamb chops. Perperation time does not include marinating time.
Provided by Tisme
Yield 4-5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place lamb chops in a large shallow dish.
- Combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, rosemary, honey, mustard's, oregano, salt and pepper and pour the mixture over chops. Toss and rub in coat. Lay extra fresh rosemary over top of chops.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to grilling.
- Grill chops on both sides, until grilled to your liking.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 283.5, Fat 27.2, SaturatedFat 3.8, Sodium 30.4, Carbohydrate 10.4, Fiber 0.3, Sugar 9.1, Protein 0.3
More about "herby redcurrant lamb chops food"
19 BEST LAMB CHOP RECIPES & IDEAS | RECIPES, DINNERS …
STICKY LAMB CHOPS WITH A HERBY REDCURRANT SAUCE
Energy 945.584kJ226.0kcalSaturated Fat 4.2gFat 11.6gSugars 8.1g
STICKY LAMB CHOPS WITH A HERBY REDCURRANT SAUCE
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
HERBY LAMB CHOPS RECIPE - INGREDIENTS & METHOD
REDCURRANT AND HERB CHOPS | EASY LAMB RECIPES - RED ONLINE
Estimated Reading Time 30 secs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. In a small bowl, mix together the herbs, redcurrant jelly, oil and seasoning.
GRILLED LAMB CHOPS WITH HERBY YOGURT SAUCE - FOOD
5/5 (1)Total Time 2 hrs 30 minsServings 4
LAMB, RED WINE AND ROSEMARY CASSEROLE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
MINTY LAMB AND REDCURRENT CHOPS RECIPE | SCHWARTZ
HERBY LAMB CHOPS RECIPE - FOOD HOUSE
LAMB CHOPS WITH REDCURRANT JUS | RECIPES MADE EASY
BALSAMIC AND ROSEMARY LAMB CHOPS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
HERBY REDCURRANT LAMB CHOPS RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
THOMASINA MIERS' RECIPE FOR HERBY LAMB CHOPS WITH ROAST RADICCHIO
GRILLED HERBY LAMB CHOPS RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
#weeknight #30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #main-dish #lamb-sheep #barbecue #european #dinner-party #english #comfort-food #meat #taste-mood #savory #equipment #grilling #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love