HAM & BRIE STRATA
There's nothing quite like my comfy strata made with Brie, ham and mushrooms. Put it together and bake it now, or hold it overnight to pop into the oven tomorrow. -Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir until mushrooms are golden brown and onion is tender, 5-7 minutes. Add spinach and garlic; cook until spinach is wilted, 1-2 minutes longer., Transfer mushroom mixture to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Add bread, ham and cheese., In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over bread. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving., Make-Ahead: Refrigerate unbaked strata, covered, several hours or overnight. To use, preheat oven to 375°. Remove strata from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, as directed.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 243 calories, Fat 12g fat (6g saturated fat), Cholesterol 162mg cholesterol, Sodium 680mg sodium, Carbohydrate 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
HAM 'N' CHEESE STRATA
Our daughter wouldn't mind if I made this Ham 'n' Cheese Strata every weekend! I do prepare it for each holiday, serving it alongside fresh cinnamon buns and a fruit salad. -Marilyn Kroeker, Steinbach, Manitoba
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8-10 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Arrange six slices of bread in the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with ham and cheese. Cover with remaining bread. , In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne. Stir in onion and green pepper; pour over all. Cover and refrigerate overnight. , Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Pour butter over bread; sprinkle with cornflakes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 375 calories, Fat 19g fat (11g saturated fat), Cholesterol 197mg cholesterol, Sodium 1081mg sodium, Carbohydrate 28g carbohydrate (6g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 23g protein.
HAM AND APPLE BRUNCH STRATA
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- Slice crusts from bread, cut bread into cubes and place in a 13x9x2- inch baking pan.
- On top of bread, layer half of the ham and half of the cheese.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg; spread on top of ham and cheese.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk and brown sugar; pour over apples.
- Layer remaining ham and cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered for about 60 minutes or until eggs are cooked and strata is puffy in center.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Note: This recipe can be assembled in advance.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 976.6, Fat 54.3, SaturatedFat 25.4, Cholesterol 424.5, Sodium 635.5, Carbohydrate 55.6, Fiber 4, Sugar 37.4, Protein 66
- Put half the bread cubes in a lightly oiled 11x 8 inch baking dish.
- Distribute cream cheese cubes over bread cubes.
- Top with apples and raisins; cover with remaining bread cubes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg together.
- Pour over bread mixture; be sure bread is completely covered.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°; bring strata to room temperature before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes, until set.
- Let stand 10 minutes; sprinkle with powdered sugar or pass maple syrup at the table.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 403.5, Fat 15.3, SaturatedFat 7.1, Cholesterol 237.4, Sodium 538.8, Carbohydrate 51.8, Fiber 3.2, Sugar 15, Protein 15.4
Looking for an egg dish? Then serve your family with this cheesy ham and apple strata - a delicious dinner.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Spray 9 1/2-inch deep-dish glass pie plate with cooking spray. Arrange bread cubes in bottom of pie plate. Spoon apples evenly over bread; sprinkle with ham and cheese.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half and pepper with wire whisk until well blended. Carefully pour over apples, ham and cheese. Cover; refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned and center is set. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 390, Carbohydrate 31 g, Cholesterol 265 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 24 g, SaturatedFat 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 980 mg, Sugar 16 g, TransFat 0 g
Ham, zucchini, mushrooms and cheese flavor this rich, hearty egg dish. It looks irresistible on a breakfast or lunch buffet, and it's easy to cut into neat squares. Make sure you bring the recipe-everyone will want it! -Arlene Butler, Ogden, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 casseroles (8 servings each).
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the vegetables and ham; cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain and pat dry. , In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cream until smooth. Gradually beat in eggs. Stir in the remaining ingredients and vegetable mixture., Transfer to two greased 11x7-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 299 calories, Fat 22g fat (10g saturated fat), Cholesterol 211mg cholesterol, Sodium 641mg sodium, Carbohydrate 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 15g protein.
People also searched
More about "ham and apple brunch strata food"
OVERNIGHT HAM & CHEESE STRATA - SALLY'S BAKING …
TRY THESE 10 TOP-RATED STRATA FOR BRUNCH - ALLRECIPES
APPLE, CHEDDAR AND HAM BREAKFAST STRATA - THE FRESH …
HAM, APPLE AND CHEDDAR BREAKFAST STRATA
Cuisine AmericanCategory BreakfastServings 4Total Time 45 mins
HAM AND CHEESE STRATA RECIPE - BREAKFAST.FOOD.COM
HAM AND APPLE STRATA RECIPE, WHATS COOKING AMERICA
HAM AND APPLE BRUNCH STRATA RECIPES
SPINACH, HAM AND CHEDDAR STRATA | MAKE-AHEAD BRUNCH
20 BEST STRATA RECIPES TO MAKE FOR BRUNCH - INSANELY GOOD
HAM AND APPLE PANINI RECIPE - FOOD.COM
OVER THE APPLE TREE: HAM AND BROCCOLI BREAKFAST STRATA | BREAKFAST ...
BRUNCH STRATA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
#ham #weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #breakfast #casseroles #main-dish #eggs-dairy #fruit #pork #oven #easy #potluck #dinner-party #holiday-event #eggs #dietary #one-dish-meal #low-sodium #comfort-food #inexpensive #low-in-something #apples #meat #brunch #taste-mood #to-go #equipment #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Can you make Ham and Cheese strata the night before?Prepare this delicious overnight ham & cheese strata recipe the night before so you can relax and enjoy breakfast with hardly any work! Generously grease a 9×13 inch (or similar size) casserole dish or spray with nonstick spray. Layer in the bread, then the peppers, tomatoes, and ham. Sprinkle cheese evenly over top.
Is Ham&Cheese strata good for brunch?When you have guests to feed and want something easy yet impressive and delicious, ham & cheese strata is your answer. It’s perfect for entertaining and here’s why: Makes a big casserole. This brunch recipe easily serves 10-12 people.
What is the best recipe for a ham and cheese sandwich?Arrange six slices of bread in the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with ham and cheese. Cover with remaining bread. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper and cayenne.
What is a good breakfast strata?Bake together your bread and potatoes in an herb egg base, and enjoy! The fontina cheese creates a rich and creamy, bubbly crust on top of the strata. 9. Sweet Potato Apple Breakfast Strata