GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- To a blender, add: the oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, thyme, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard, season with salt and pepper, to taste. Blend until thoroughly combined. Pat the lamb dry and put it on a shallow platter. Season all over with salt and pepper. Pour half of the vinaigrette over the lamb, turning the meat to get it well coated. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove the marinated meat from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling.
- Heat the grill (or large cast iron skillet) and oil it lightly. Remove the lamb from the marinade and grill for about 15 to 20 minutes per side for medium-rare. (Adjust the time accordingly for other degrees of doneness.) Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Toss the mache (or mixed baby greens), mint leaves, and scallions in a bowl and dress the salad with about 3 tablespoons of the reserved vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Slice the lamb into thick slices and serve with greens.
MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
- Cut off as much fat as possible from the leg. Put onion, garlic, bay leaves, peppercorns, sugar and salt into saucepan, pour vinegar and water over them and bring to the boil. Let simmer 1 minute and set aside to cool. Put lamb into saucepan or pot into which it fits snugly, and pour lukewarm marinade over it. When cool refrigerate and turn the leg several times during the next 24 hours. The next day, remove leg from marinade and insert slivered garlic into the meat. Rub with salt and pepper, place in roasting pan and roast at 400 degrees until lamb is just browned (about 10 to 15 minutes). Add marinade ingredients, baste with marinade and reduce heat to 350 degrees. Roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, continuing to baste, until leg is done. A half an hour before roasting is finished, add the pitted, marinated plums or mushrooms with a few tablespoons of their liquid and baste. Serve with the sauce from the pan and white rice.
- Wash and thoroughly dry plums. Prick all over with a sharp needles and place in a deep enamel or glass dish. Blend vinegar, sugar and spices in another enamel saucepan and bring to the boil. Then pour this mixture evenly over the plums. Let stand another day and the next day repeat this procedure. On the following day, pour plums and marinade into glass jars so that plums are completely covered by liquid.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine marinade ingredients and place in a one-gallon resealable plastic bag. Unfold the lamb and examine how the butcher butterflied it. You may need to further cut it so the meat is of fairly uniform thickness. You may also have to cut it into 2 to 3 smaller, easier to handle portions. Add lamb to plastic bag and marinate in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Place lamb on grill over well-heated coals or low-medium flame gas grill. Turn lamb 2 to 3 times while grilling and remove once degree of doneness is achieved (measure with instant-read thermometer). Allow meat to rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with any/all of the following: 1. Reduced marinade (cook down while grilling meat); 2. Fresh garlic aioli; 3. Raspberry jalapeno sauce (recipe below)
- Serve this to someone who thinks they don't like lamb. It's a huge hit at our annual July 4th barbecue.
- Sweat the garlic, onions and peppers in the butter. Add preserves, stirring constantly until liquefied. Add wine and reduce to syrupy consistency.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine the yogurt, olive oil, lemon zest and juice, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large non-reactive bowl. Add the lamb, making sure it is covered with marinade. Marinate in the refrigerator, covered, overnight or for up to 3 days.
- Bring the lamb to room temperature. Prepare a charcoal grill with hot coals. Scrape the marinade off the lamb, wipe the meat with paper towels, and season it generously with salt and pepper. Brush the grill with oil to keep the lamb from sticking, and grill on both sides until the internal temperature is 120 to 125 degrees for rare. This will take 40 minutes to 1 hour, depending on how hot the grill is.
- Remove the lamb to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 20 minutes. Then slice and serve.
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB
- Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in sealable plastic bag. Add lamb and seal bag, pressing out air. Turn bag to coat lamb, then put bag in a shallow baking pan and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours.
- Bring lamb to room temperature, about 1 hour, before grilling.
- Prepare grill for cooking over direct heat with medium-hot charcoal (moderate heat for gas); see Grilling Procedure.
- Remove lamb from marinade (discard marinade) and run 3 or 4 skewers lengthwise through lamb about 2 inches apart. Grill on a lightly oiled grill rack, covered only if using gas grill, turning over occasionally and, if necessary, moving around on grill to avoid flare-ups, until thermometer registers 125 to 128°F, 8 to 14 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and remove skewers. Let lamb stand, loosely covered with foil, 20 minutes. (Internal temperature will rise to 135°F while meat stands.) Cut across the grain into slices.
GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH GARLIC AND HERB LEMON MARINADE
This is really the only recipe I use when I grill a leg of lamb. Plan ahead, the lamb needs to marinate 24 hours or overnight. This marinade can also be used for lamb chops. A butterflied leg of lamb is with the bones removed and cut to spread open, you can ask your butcher to remove the bones and butterfly it for you. If you prefer a more lemony taste then thinly slice half of another lemon, leave the peel on, and just throw the slices inside the bag or bowl with along with the other marinade. If desired you can also stuff the lamb with garlic cloves as well as adding the minced garlic in with the marinade. Grilling time depends on size of lamb. This recipe produces an excellent grilled lamb that melts in your mouth, try to not overcook the lamb, for best results leave slightly pink in the middle.
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a glass bowl.
- Place the lamb in a extra large heavy-duty plastic bag or glass bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the lamb, and turn to coat well on all sides.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap (if using a glass bowl).
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 24 hours (turning occasionally to distribute marinade).
- When ready to grill, remove from fridge and save marinade for basting if desired.
- Turn the grill to high heat.
- Sear both sides for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Reduce grill temperature to medium heat and finish cooking the lamb.
- You may baste the lamb with the leftover marinade if desired.
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB (MARINADE)
- Prepare marinade in a small bowl by whisking together the mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, whisking constantly until slightly thickened. Stir in the lemon zest, garlic and rosemary. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Place lamb in a large bowl or shallow baking dish. Add the marinade and coat the meat well. Refrigerate overnight, covered, turning the lamb once or twice in the marinade.
- Remove meat from the marinade 30 minutes before grilling.
- Oil the grill and prepare the coals.
- Drain the marinade from the lamb and reserve. Grill the meat 4" above the coals, about 20 minutes per side for medium-rare meat, basting frequently with reserved marinade. (Check the lamb for doneness after 30 minutes of grilling).
- To serve, cut the lamb into thin slices and arrange on a decorative platter garnished with the lemon quarters and the sprigs of rosemary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 579, Fat 44.2, SaturatedFat 15, Cholesterol 152, Sodium 150.9, Carbohydrate 0.7, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 42.3
GREEK GRILLED LEG OF LAMB
My sister-in-law taught me how to make lamb in this way. It must be marinated overnight for maximum flavor. This is our favorite Sunday lunch (we have it with oven-roasted potatoes and a big salad).
Provided by silky
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pound lamb until it is an even thickness.
- Place it in a shallow glass dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients until well-blended and pour over lamb.
- Turn meat in marinade, cover, and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Drain lamb and reserve marinade.
- Place meat on grill 6 inches above gray coals and grill for 40 to 45 minutes, brushing with marinade and turning every 10 minutes.
- Let lamb rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut meat into thin slices (lamb will be pink) and sprinkle with chopped fresh mint.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 353.1, Fat 36, SaturatedFat 5, Sodium 778.2, Carbohydrate 1.6, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.4, Protein 0.1
GRILLED HOISIN-MARINATED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB
- In a bowl whisk together hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, minces scallion, honey, and salt.
- Trim as much remaining fat as possible from lamb and in a shallow dish large enough to hold lamb flat spread marinade over both sides of it. Marinate lamb, covered and chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare grill.
- Bring lamb to room temperature and grill on an oiled rack set 5 to 6 inches over glowing coals 12 to 15 minutes on each side, or until meat thermometer registers 140°F. for medium-rate meat. (Alternatively, lamb may be broiled under preheated broiler about 4 inches from heat for approximately the same time on each side as for grilling.) Transfer lamb to a cutting board and let stand 20 minutes before carving.
- Holding a sharp knife at a 45° angle, cut lamb across grain into thin slices. (If planning to make lamb salad, reserve one-third unsliced lamb, covered and chilled.)
- To make scallion brushes:
- Trim roots and green parts from scallions, leaving about 2 1/2-inch stalks. Make 1/2-inch lengthwise cuts at both ends of stalks and spread fringed ends gently. Put scallions in a bowl of ice and cold water and chill 2 hours, or until fringed ends have curled. Drain scallions well.
- Garnish lamb with scallion brushes and serve with eggplant.
People also searched
More about "grilled marinated leg of lamb food"
MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB - THE DAILY MEAL
- Step 1: In a blender or food processor, combine 1 1/2 cups olive oil, juice of 3 lemons, 1/2 cup dry red wine, 1 large peeled and quartered onion, 6 to 8 large peeled garlic cloves, 1/4 cup Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon dried oregano, 1 tablespoon dried basil, 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper. Mix until thick and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Step 2: If the butcher has tied the leg of lamb, untie it. Lay it out fat side down on a rimmed baking sheet; using a sharp knife, slash the thickest parts of the lamb. Pour about half the marinade over the meat, and rub it in well with your hands. Turn the lamb over and pour the remaining marinade over the fat side, again rubbing it in well.
- Step 3: Fold the lamb in thirds and put it into a zip-close bag or shallow pan. Pour remaining marinade from the baking sheet over the lamb. Refrigerate 8 to 24 hours, turning the bag or flipping the lamb every 2 hours or so.
- Step 4: At grilling time, make a hot fire. Unfold the lamb and pat away the excess marinade. Discard remaining marinade. Put the lamb on the grill cut side up and cook for 9 minutes. Turn the lamb over and cook an additional 9 minutes. Transfer the lamb to a platter and allow to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
YOGURT-MINT MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB RECIPE | BOBBY FLAY
Author Bobby FlayDifficulty Easy
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB WITH ASPARAGUS AND MINT CHIMICHURRI
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 3Difficulty 4 hr 45 min
TOP 49 GRILLED YOGURT MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPES
GRILLED BUTTERFLIED LEG OF LAMB WITH HERBS RECIPES
GRILLED YOGURT MARINATED LEG OF LAMB FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
ROSé-MARINATED GRILLED LEG OF LAMB WITH WALNUT SALSA …
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
TOP 45 GRILLED BONELESS LEG OF LAMB RECIPES - SWANS.CSPCORP.COM
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB WITH ASPARAGUS - FOOD NETWORK
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB - MAPLEWOOD ROAD
TOP 41 GRILLED YOGURT MARINATED LEG OF LAMB RECIPES
GRILLED MARINATED LAMB RECIPE - FOOD.COM
TOP 41 MARINATED BUTTERFLIED LAMB LEG RECIPE RECIPES
GRILLED MARINATED LEG OF LAMB – FOODATHOME
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How long do you marinate Lamb before grilling?Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove the marinated meat from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before grilling. Heat the grill (or large cast iron skillet) and oil it lightly. Remove the lamb from the marinade and grill for about 15 to 20 minutes per side for medium-rare.
What is the best marinade to cook Lamb?In a bowl whisk together hoisin sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, minces scallion, honey, and salt. Trim as much remaining fat as possible from lamb and in a shallow dish large enough to hold lamb flat spread marinade over both sides of it.
What is the best way to cook lamb legs?Directions. Put lamb into saucepan or pot into which it fits snugly, and pour lukewarm marinade over it. When cool refrigerate and turn the leg several times during the next 24 hours. The next day, remove leg from marinade and insert slivered garlic into the meat. Rub with salt and pepper, place in roasting pan and roast at 400 degrees...
How to cook lamb tenderloin on the grill?Combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in sealable plastic bag. Add lamb and seal bag, pressing out air. Turn bag to coat lamb, then put bag in a shallow baking pan and marinate, chilled, turning bag over occasionally, at least 8 hours. Bring lamb to room temperature, about 1 hour, before grilling.