GRILLED CARAMEL APPLES
Here's one better than caramel apples on a stick. These are warm and caramelicious.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Number Of Ingredients 2
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Fold four 18x12-inch pieces heavy-duty aluminum foil crosswise in half; spray with cooking spray. Cut apples in half; remove cores. Cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Place 4 apple wedges in center of each piece of foil. Drizzle 2 tablespoons caramel topping over apple wedges on each piece of foil. Wrap foil securely around apples.
- Grill foil packets, seam sides up, 5 to 6 inches from medium-low heat 8 to 9 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender. Open packets carefully to avoid steam; caramel will be hot. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175, Carbohydrate 43 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 140 mg
CARAMEL APPLE SUNDAE
Provided by Ree Drummond : Food Network
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Add 2 tablespoons of the butter to a skillet and melt over medium-high heat. Add the apples and saute for 5 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add the brown sugar and the remaining stick of butter. Stir it around until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, then pour in the cream. Stir it around and let it bubble up and thicken for about a minute. Turn the heat to low and add the apples back to the skillet. Sprinkle in the cinnamon, stir the mixture and let it thicken for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spoon big scoops of vanilla ice cream into sundae glasses and drizzle over the caramel apple sauce.
Grilling can turn an apple into a savory side dish. For a great dessert idea, see my note below or try Recipe #329631. Works with pears, too. Great ideas I found in The Houston Chronicle. Enjoy!!!
Provided by Mrs.Jack
Yield 2 apple halves, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Halve and core the apples, then either brush them with olive oil or spritz with Pam.
- Dust the halves with salt and pepper, then place cut-side down over direct heat on a hot grill. Cook with the grill covered. After about 3 to 5 minutes, the apples should have pronounced grill marks on their cut sides.
- Use tongs to flip the apples and reduce the heat under them to low or move to cooler part of grill. Close the grill and cook until the apples are just tender, about another 3 to 5 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over the apples and offer as a side to pork, chicken or steak.
- Note: if you want a sweet option, sprinkle with cinnamon and/or nutmeg, grill about 3 minutes. Turn over, sprinkle with sugar or brown sugar, raisins and/or coconut, close and cook until tender, about another 3 minutes. Top w/ vanilla or cinnamon ice cream!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191, Fat 10.2, SaturatedFat 6.1, Cholesterol 29.8, Sodium 468.1, Carbohydrate 19.4, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 14.5, Protein 7.4
CARAMEL APPLE PORK CHOPS
Warm, spicy, and sweet, this wonderful Fall recipe is a guaranteed favorite for kids, and is great with smashed potatoes and buttered green beans.
Provided by Anonymous
Categories Main Dish Recipes Pork Pork Chop Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). Place a medium dish in the oven to warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until done. Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in the preheated oven.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add butter to skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook until apples are just tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops. Keep warm in the preheated oven.
- Continue cooking sauce uncovered in skillet, until thickened slightly. Spoon sauce over apples and chops. Sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 262.2 calories, Carbohydrate 17.1 g, Cholesterol 47.6 mg, Fat 16 g, Fiber 2.2 g, Protein 13.8 g, SaturatedFat 6 g, Sodium 27.4 mg, Sugar 14 g
People also searched
More about "grilled caramel apples food"
CINNAMON GRILLED APPLES WITH APPLE BOURBON CARAMEL …
Cuisine American, BarbecueCategory Dessert, Side DishServings 4Total Time 45 mins
CARAMEL APPLE GRILLED MINI MONKEY BREADS - FOOD …
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 4Difficulty Easy
CARAMEL APPLE GRILLED CHEESE - HOW SWEET EATS
GRILLED CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
GRILLED CARAMEL APPLE CRUNCH | COFFEE WITH US 3
GRILLED CARAMEL APPLE CRISP - JULIE'S EATS & TREATS
BEST BLOOMIN' GRILLED APPLES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
GRILLED CINNAMON APPLES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CARAMEL APPLES RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
GRILLED CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory AppleCalories 287 per serving
BLOOMIN GRILLED APPLES RECIPE - BUTTER YOUR BISCUIT
GRILLED APPLES - SLENDER KITCHEN
GRILLED APPLES WITH CARAMEL SAUCE - SCATTERED THOUGHTS OF A …
GRILLED APPLES - COOKTHINK
FOOD NETWORK'S TOP 100 RECIPES OF ALL TIME | RECIPES, DINNERS AND …
GRILLED APPLES IN CARAMEL SAUCE RECIPE - SERIOUS EATS
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love