GRILLED CARAMEL APPLES
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Fold four 18x12-inch pieces heavy-duty aluminum foil crosswise in half; spray with cooking spray. Cut apples in half; remove cores. Cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Place 4 apple wedges in center of each piece of foil. Drizzle 2 tablespoons caramel topping over apple wedges on each piece of foil. Wrap foil securely around apples.
- Grill foil packets, seam sides up, 5 to 6 inches from medium-low heat 8 to 9 minutes or until apples are crisp-tender. Open packets carefully to avoid steam; caramel will be hot. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 175, Carbohydrate 43 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, Sodium 140 mg
GRILLED CARAMEL APPLE BRIOCHE SUNDAE
- Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Toss the apples with some vegetable oil and add to the grill. Grill the apples on all sides, about 3 minutes. Once the apples are grilled, remove from the pan and roughly chop. Add the chopped apples to a saucepan and turn the heat to medium-low. Add the sugar, brandy, butter, vanilla extract and salt. Once the butter has melted, add the apple cider. Stir to combine the ingredients and continue to cook until the apples melt into a thickened sauce, thinning with apple cider as needed, about 10 minutes.
- Brush the brioche with some oil and sprinkle with sugar. Place onto the grill pan and toast on both sides. Remove from the grill and slice diagonally.
- Transfer to shallow serving bowls. Serve immediately with the apple caramel sauce and a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Mix caramels and water,.
- Melt over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Place apples in 4 small dishes.
- Top each with warm caramel and sprinkle with nuts.
Grilling can turn an apple into a savory side dish. For a great dessert idea, see my note below or try Recipe #329631. Works with pears, too. Great ideas I found in The Houston Chronicle. Enjoy!!!
Provided by Mrs.Jack
Yield 2 apple halves, 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Halve and core the apples, then either brush them with olive oil or spritz with Pam.
- Dust the halves with salt and pepper, then place cut-side down over direct heat on a hot grill. Cook with the grill covered. After about 3 to 5 minutes, the apples should have pronounced grill marks on their cut sides.
- Use tongs to flip the apples and reduce the heat under them to low or move to cooler part of grill. Close the grill and cook until the apples are just tender, about another 3 to 5 minutes.
- To serve, sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over the apples and offer as a side to pork, chicken or steak.
- Note: if you want a sweet option, sprinkle with cinnamon and/or nutmeg, grill about 3 minutes. Turn over, sprinkle with sugar or brown sugar, raisins and/or coconut, close and cook until tender, about another 3 minutes. Top w/ vanilla or cinnamon ice cream!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 191, Fat 10.2, SaturatedFat 6.1, Cholesterol 29.8, Sodium 468.1, Carbohydrate 19.4, Fiber 3.3, Sugar 14.5, Protein 7.4
People also searched
More about "grilled caramel apples food"
BEST BLOOMIN' GRILLED APPLES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE …
4.2/5 (5)Total Time 45 minsCategory Dessert, Grilled
GRILLED CARAMEL APPLE RECIPE • DISHING DELISH
5/5 (1)Total Time 25 minsCategory DessertCalories 395 per serving
- Using cooking spray, lightly grease both sides of each apple slice. Be careful not to over-grease.
- Place each apple slice on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the bottom of each slice has dark grill marks. Flip and grill for an additional 2-3 minutes on the other side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan add sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring until sugar turns into a golden brown liquid. Continue to cook and stir for 5-10 minutes, or until sugar is a syrup-like consistency.
GRILLED CINNAMON APPLES RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CARAMEL APPLES RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
GRILLED CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE - LIFEMADEDELICIOUS.CA
CARAMEL APPLE GRILLED MINI MONKEY BREADS - FOOD NETWORK
Author Food Network KitchenSteps 4Difficulty Easy
GRILLED CARAMEL APPLES | RECIPE | CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE, RECIPES, …
GRILLED CARAMEL APPLES - FOODFLAG
9 DELICIOUS APPLE RECIPES FOR YOUR CAMPSITE! - 50 CAMPFIRES
GRILLED CARAMEL APPLE CRUNCH - PINTEREST.CA
CAMPFIRE CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BAKED CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GRILLED APPLES - COOKTHINK
KITTENCAL'S CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GRILLED APPLES W/ CARAMEL SAUCE | RECIPES, CARAMEL RECIPES SAUCE ...
GRILLED CARAMEL APPLES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook apples on the grill with caramel?In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and cinnamon-sugar. Brush apples all over with mixture, then fill center with caramel and pecans. Wrap apples in foil and grill until tender, about 15 minutes. Top with ice cream and drizzle with more caramel.
How do you cook apples on a Weber grill?Dust the halves with salt and pepper, then place cut-side down over direct heat on a hot grill. Cook with the grill covered. After about 3 to 5 minutes, the apples should have pronounced grill marks on their cut sides. Use tongs to flip the apples and reduce the heat under them to low or move to cooler part of grill.
What do you serve with apples on the grill?To serve, sprinkle grated cheddar cheese over the apples and offer as a side to pork, chicken or steak. Note: if you want a sweet option, sprinkle with cinnamon and/or nutmeg, grill about 3 minutes.
How to cook apple slices on the grill?Instructions Wash, core, and slice apples into circular slices. Place apple slices (layering them) onto a foil-grilling pan (or in a foil packet, if desired). Sprinkle apple slices with lemon juice. Sprinkle apple slices with cinnamon. Cover apples with marshmallows and chocolate chips.