OVEN-ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 servings (8 cups)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Place 2 baking sheets in the oven and preheat to 425 degrees F.
- Cut all the vegetables into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Cut the onions through the base core to keep some of the layers in chunky pieces. Toss all the vegetables with garlic, olive oil and salt in large bowl. Season generously with pepper.
- Carefully remove the heated baking sheets from the oven, brush or drizzle with olive oil. Divide the vegetables evenly between the 2 pans, spreading them out to assure they don't steam while roasting. Roast the vegetables until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
ROASTED GAME HENS WITH CARAMELIZED ROOT VEGETABLES AND DRIED-CURRANT SAUCE
- For caramelized root vegetables:
- Melt butter with oil in very large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes. Add rutabagas and next 4 ingredients; sauté until vegetables are caramelized and tender, stirring often, about 30 minutes. Stir in chestnuts, garlic, and thyme; sauté 5 minutes. Season generously with salt and pepper. Do ahead Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill. Rewarm over medium heat, stirring frequently, until heated through before serving.
- For hens:
- Mix 1/4 cup thyme, shallots, oil, orange peel, garlic, and crushed juniper berries in small bowl for marinade. Rub marinade all over hens. Place hens in large roasting pan; cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Pour 1 1/2 cups broth into roasting pan with hens. Sprinkle hens with salt and pepper. Cover pan tightly with foil. Roast until hens are cooked through and juices run clear when thighs are pierced with fork, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Preheat broiler.
- Pour pan juices from hens into small saucepan; add dried currants and remaining 1 tablespoon thyme. Boil until liquid is reduced to 1 cup, about 5 minutes (sauce will be thin). Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, broil hens until lightly browned, watching closely to avoid burning, about 4 minutes.
- Place 1 hen half on each plate. Divide caramelized vegetables among plates. Spoon sauce over hens and serve.
CARAMELIZED ROOT VEGETABLES & MELT IN YOUR MOUTH VEAL
Make and share this Caramelized Root Vegetables & Melt in Your Mouth Veal recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Baby Kato
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sprinkle flour over meat and rub to coat well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour olive oil in large pan on medium high heat and brown veal well on all sides.
- Remove veal from pan and place in dutch oven or roasting pan and sprinkle with paprika and let sit.
- Add the shallots to frying pan and cook for 3 minutes, stir in vermouth and 3/4 cup of chicken stock, bring to a boil.
- Pour over veal roast.
- Sprinkle rosemary and thyme over roast.
- Bring veal roast to a simmer over medium heat, cover and bake in oven at 325 degrees for 1 1/4 hours.
- Melt butter and sugar in frying pan, add onions, carrots, turnips and parsnips.
- Coat vegetables well and season with salt and pepper, add the remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock and bring to a roaring boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, (or until all liquid has evaporated) stirring frequently.
- After the veal roast has cooked for 1 1/4 hours add the root vegetables all around the roast and bast the vegetables with the veal juices.
- Cover roast and return to oven for another 30- 45 minutes.
- Let veal rest, covered with tin foil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables.
- Reduce sauce and reserve.
- Slice veal and add to platter with vegetables.
- Drizzle with sauce and enjoy.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 718.6, Fat 24.3, SaturatedFat 8.9, Cholesterol 282.9, Sodium 792.3, Carbohydrate 35.8, Fiber 5.8, Sugar 18.6, Protein 76.2
People also searched
More about "caramelized root vegetables food"
CARAMELIZED ROOT VEGETABLES — SWEET • SOUR • SAVORY
Estimated Reading Time 50 secs
OVEN ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES - COLORFUL, HEALTHY, EASY …
FARRO WITH CARAMELIZED ROOT VEGETABLES | WILLIAMS …
ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES | KITCHN
50 ROOT VEGETABLE SIDES | RECIPES, DINNERS AND EASY …
CARAMELIZED ROOT VEGETABLE TARTE TATIN WITH FETA
23 WAYS TO EAT ROOT VEGETABLES DURING PEAK SEASON
Estimated Reading Time 4 mins
BALSAMIC ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES - DEBRA KLEIN
SCANDINAVIAN CARAMELIZED ROOT VEGETABLES - BIGOVEN.COM
ROOT VEGETABLE MASH WITH CARAMELIZED ONIONS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
60+ ROOT VEGETABLE RECIPES (OVEN-ROASTED TO INSTANT POT!)
ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES RECIPE - FLAVOR THE MOMENTS
ROOT VEGETABLE RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
CARAMELIZED ROOT VEGETABLES RECIPE - ALLCLAD - ALL-CLAD CANADA …
CARAMELIZED ROASTED ROOT VEGETABLES | RECIPES - OILS AND VINEGARS
RECIPE: CARAMELIZED ROOT VEGETABLES | WHOLE FOODS MARKET
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love