BROWN RICE PUDDING WITH MAPLE SYRUP
I'm always looking for ways to make desserts healthier. You could certainly use soy milk if you wanted to, and 1/2 cup of raisins can be added if you want. This recipe was originally found in Leanne Ely's "Healthy Foods." Prep time does not include cooking the rice as I usually have some leftover.
Provided by ladypit
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Mix together all ingredients but rice in a medium pot.
- Add the cooked rice and cook for 10 minutes over low to medium heat.
- Serve with a little cinnamon or sweetener, if desired.
CREAMY BROWN RICE PUDDING
This version of rice pudding uses brown rice, cinnamon, and almond extract to make a slightly nutty comfort dessert. My mother adds raisins during the last 15 minutes; she calls this 'Speckled Pup,' but I prefer my rice pudding without raisins.
Provided by Diana Hagewood Smith
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Bring the water and brown rice to a boil in a saucepan. Add the salt, reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 50 minutes.
- Stir the milk, evaporated milk, almond extract, and sugar into the rice; add the cinnamon stick. Simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, until the dish is of pudding consistency, about 70 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 325.9 calories, Carbohydrate 61 g, Cholesterol 18.6 mg, Fat 5.8 g, Fiber 2.5 g, Protein 8 g, SaturatedFat 3.1 g, Sodium 297.9 mg, Sugar 32.6 g
VEGAN BROWN RICE PUDDING
A simple, tasty brown rice pudding for the everyday vegan found on: http://www.veganchef.com/ricepudding.htm
Provided by LilithDreams
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a medium saucepan, place the water, and bring to a boil. Add the rice, cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 35 minutes or until all of the water has been absorbed.
- Add the remaining ingredients, stir well to combine, and continue to cook the mixture over low heat until all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and place the pudding in the refrigerator to chill.
- Top individual servings with a little additional cinnamon before serving, if desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 282.4, Fat 1.9, SaturatedFat 0.4, Sodium 11.1, Carbohydrate 61.1, Fiber 3, Sugar 10.3, Protein 5.4
- Combine rice and 4 cups of water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until water has been absorbed and rice is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir in soy milk, maple syrup, and vanilla; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes more. Divide between serving bowls. Garnish with walnuts and cinnamon.
People also searched
More about "brown rice pudding with maple syrup food"
BROWN RICE PUDDING - IFOODREAL.COM
5/5 (7)Total Time 48 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 272 per serving
- Rinse rice with cold water really well, until water is clear; drain. In a medium pot, combine rice, 4 cups of milk, butter and vanilla extract. Cover and bring to a boil (don’t walk away so milk doesn’t run away). Reduce heat to low and cook covered for 40 minutes or until rice is soft and tender, stirring a few times and making sure rice is not burning (good pots really help).
- Remove form heat and add 2 cups of milk, raisins and chia seeds. Stir and let the pudding set for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a large baking dish and add berries, Greek yogurt and maple syrup, stir gently. Adjust anything to taste and enjoy this best healthy brown rice pudding for breakfast or a snack.
CREAMY BROWN RICE PUDDING - TASTES BETTER FROM SCRATCH
5/5 (20)Total Time 2 hrs 15 minsCategory DessertCalories 266 per serving
- Add salt, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 35 minutes. Remove from heat (keep covered) and allow to rest for 10 minutes before fluffing with a fork.
- Stir in the milk, evaporated milk, sugar, and cinnamon. Simmer uncovered, stirring often, for 40-50 minutes, or until the dish is pudding consistency.
HEALTHIER BROWN RICE PUDDING - NATURALLY SWEETENED WITH …
4.8/5 (6)Total Time 50 minsCategory DessertCalories 220 per serving
- Stir together water, rice and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until water is almost all absorbed, 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in the whole milk and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium low and continue to simmer, uncovered, until the pudding is thick and clings to the spoon, about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. Cool slightly and serve warm or chilled. Add additional whole milk if the pudding has thickened too much. Top with fresh or dried fruit or nuts as desired.
EASY VEGAN RICE PUDDING - FIT FOODIE FINDS
THICK AND CREAMY INSTANT POT RICE PUDDING RECIPE
CREAMY WILD-RICE PUDDING WITH MAPLE SYRUP
MAPLE PECAN RICE PUDDING RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Author Ina GartenSteps 3
TOP 50 CREAMY BROWN RICE PUDDING RECIPE RECIPES
HEALTHY BROWN RICE PUDDING RECIPE | HEALTHY DESSERT RECIPES
BROWN RICE PUDDING (INSTANT POT OR STOVETOP!) - CHAMPAGNE …
MAPLE BROWN RICE PUDDING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CREAMY WHOLE GRAIN BROWN RICE PUDDING | MINUTE® RICE
BAKED BROWN RICE PUDDING (VEGAN) - MY QUIET KITCHEN
MAPLE RICE PUDDING | MAPLE FROM CANADA
BROWN RICE PUDDING - HEALTHY RICE PUDDING RECIPE FOR BREAKFAST
MARIE’S BROWN RICE PUDDING WITH MAPLE SYRUP - CKBK
CREAMY BROWN RICE PUDDING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #occasion #healthy #desserts #eggs-dairy #rice #easy #low-fat #vegetarian #winter #puddings-and-mousses #eggs #stove-top #dietary #low-sodium #seasonal #low-calorie #comfort-food #low-in-something #pasta-rice-and-grains #brown-rice #taste-mood #sweet #equipment #3-steps-or-less
You'll also love