BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE
Note: These recipes have been adapted from "Lobster Rolls and Blueberry Pie" by Rebecca Charles of Pearl Oyster Bar and Deborah DiClementi. Text copyright 2003 by Rebecca Charles. Reprinted by permission of Regan Books.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Number Of Ingredients 13
- To make the crust: In a food processor, combine the flour, salt, and cold butter. Pulse until the mixture is the consistency of sand. Add the water while pulsing until the mixture comes together; being sure not to overwork it. (To mix the dough by hand, combine the flour, salt, and butter in a large bowl. Add the cold water and work by hand until the mixture comes together.) Remove the dough from the food processor or bowl on a lightly floured work surface. Shape it into disk about 1/2 inch thick. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before rolling out.
- To make the crumble: Combine the flour and sugar in a food processor until thoroughly combined. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture forms a crumble, being sure not to over mix. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the filling: In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Using the back of a spoon, crush about 20 percent of the blueberries so the juice mixes with the cornstarch and thickens the filling.
- To make the pie: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 10-inch pie tin; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough. Place in pie tin, trim, and crimp the edges. Use a fork to poke holes around the sides and bottom of the crust. Chill until firm, about 20 minutes. Cover with a piece of parchment paper and fill it with dried beans. Bake until the crimped edges are firm, about 10 minutes. Remove the parchment paper and beans, and bake until the bottom is firm, about 10 minutes. Fill the crust with the berry mixture, spreading evenly, and top with the crumble. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and bake until the filling starts to bubble, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Remove, and cool on a wire rack.
BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE
After looking around for this recipe and not finding it, I kind of adapted one on my own. It comes out pretty and delicious and a dollop of Cool Whip on top is lovely.
Provided by Karen..
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Place pie crust into pie pan and crimp edges as desired.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients gently.
- Pour evenly into pie plate.
- Combine flour and sugar for topping and cut in butter until mixture resembles course crumbs (I use my fingers for this).
- Sprinkle evenly over filling.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until filling starts to bubble and crust is lightly browned.
- Cover edges with foil if crust is browning too quickly.
BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Press the pie crust into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pie plate. In a large bowl, stir together the sugar and flour. Mix in the lemon zest and lemon juice. Gently stir in the blueberries. Pour into the pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon. Mix in butter using a fork until crumbly. Spread the crumb topping evenly over the pie filling.
- Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until browned on top. Cool over a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 461.2 calories, Carbohydrate 75.6 g, Cholesterol 22.9 mg, Fat 17 g, Fiber 4.3 g, Protein 4.5 g, SaturatedFat 7.5 g, Sodium 185 mg, Sugar 45.8 g
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE
We love how the cinnamon-scented streusel topping lets the juicy berries peek through.
Provided by Melissa Roberts
Categories Food Processor Berry Fruit Dessert Bake Fourth of July Thanksgiving Mother's Day Graduation Father's Day Backyard BBQ Blueberry Spice Summer Anniversary Family Reunion Cinnamon Potluck Bon Appétit Vegetarian Pescatarian Peanut Free Tree Nut Free Soy Free Kosher Pie
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 16
- For crust:
- Pulse 1 1/4 cups flour, butter, and salt in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal with some pea-size pieces remaining. Drizzle 3 tablespoons ice water over mixture. Pulse until moist clumps form, adding more water by teaspoonfuls if mixture is dry. Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. Divide into 4 equal pieces. Working with 1 piece at a time, use the heel of your hand to smear each portion of dough twice in a forward motion to distribute butter. Gather all 4 dough pieces into a ball. Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic, and chill dough until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 13" round. Transfer to pie dish, gently pressing dough onto bottom and up sides of dish. Fold overhang under and crimp edges decoratively. Pierce bottom of crust in several places with a fork, then chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and place on a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 375°F. Line crust with parchment paper or foil and fill with pie weights. Bake until crust is set, about 20 minutes. Carefully remove parchment and pie weights. Bake until crust is pale golden, about 12 minutes longer. Transfer crust to a wire rack; let cool.
- Filling and topping:
- Whisk 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Add blueberries and lemon juice; toss gently to coat and evenly distribute. Let filling stand, tossing occasionally, until berries release their juices, 20-30 minutes.
- Whisk flour, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Add melted butter; mix topping with fingertips to blend.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spoon blueberry filling into crust, then sprinkle topping over. Bake pie until filling is bubbling and topping is golden, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cover with foil after 30 minutes if browning too fast.
- Let pie cool on a wire rack.
- Do Ahead
- Dough can be made up to 2 days ahead. Keep chilled. Pie can be baked 8 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE
Treating yourself to this indulgent dessert won't give you the blues later on! Even with a fabulous fruit filling and crumb topping, this light recipe keeps fat and calories to a minimum. Serve the pie warm, advises our Test Kitchen staff...and expect plenty of compliments!
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup flour, water and lemon juice; set aside. In a large bowl, combine sugar, salt and remaining flour; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add flour mixture, tossing with a fork until moistened. , On a piece of plastic wrap, press dough into a 4-in. circle. Cover with a second sheet of plastic wrap; roll into 12-in. circle. Freeze for 10 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute; remove plastic wrap. , Transfer pastry to pie plate; trim to 1/2-in. beyond edge of plate. Flute edges. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Line shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. , Place blueberries in crust. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, brown sugar, flour, vanilla and lemon zest; spread over blueberries. Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; sprinkle over yogurt mixture. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until crumbs are lightly browned and filling is bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313 calories, Fat 9g fat (3g saturated fat), Cholesterol 9mg cholesterol, Sodium 164mg sodium, Carbohydrate 55g carbohydrate, Fiber 2g fiber), Protein 4g protein.
This is a quick and easy dessert with canned pie filling and white cake mix that I've made for years. You can make a cherry version by substituting cherry pie filling and yellow cake mix. Serve warm with vanilla bean ice cream and enjoy! Walnuts may be used instead of pecans, if desired.
Provided by MICHELLE
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread pie filling into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix, nuts, and melted butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over pie filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until top is light brown.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 295.5 calories, Carbohydrate 44.5 g, Cholesterol 16.3 mg, Fat 12.5 g, Fiber 1.7 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 4.7 g, Sodium 274.5 mg, Sugar 33.5 g
People also searched
More about "blueberry crumble pie food"
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - PUREWOW
3.2/5 (143)Total Time 1 hrServings 10Calories 414 per serving
- Make the Crumble Topping: In a medium bowl, stir the flour with the oats, sugar, brown sugar and salt to combine. Add the butter and mix with your hands until it's incorporated and the mixture is crumbly like streusel. Set aside.
- ?Make the Pie: Line the pie plate with the prepared piecrust. Crimp the edges with your fingers or a fork, as desired. Keep chilled in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
- Put about 2 cups of the blueberries in a large bowl. Using a potato masher or the back of a large spoon, smash the berries to release their juices. Add the remaining blueberries (leave them intact) and toss to combine.
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - SAVING ROOM FOR DESSERT
4.8/5 (6)Calories 412 per servingCategory Dessert, Pie
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place in the oven to preheat as well. Remove the unbaked, prepared 9-inch deep dish pie crust from the refrigerator. Line the pie crust / pie plate with parchment paper and add pie weights or dried beans. Bake the crust for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper and pie weights or beans and set aside. Return the crust to the oven and bake another 10 minutes or until it starts to brown lightly.
- Whisk together the sugar, cornstarch and lemon zest. Place the clean, dry blueberries in a large mixing bowl. Add the grated apple, lemon juice and sugar/cornstarch mixture. Gently toss the blueberries to combine or use a rubber spatula and gently turn to coat. Set aside until the berries start to release their juices - 20-30 minutes, while preparing the topping.
APPLE BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE
4.1/5 (292)Total Time 1 hrServings 8Calories 439 per serving
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE (HOMEMADE PIE CRUST) | A FARMGIRL'S ...
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory DessertsCalories 306 per serving
- In a large bowl, mix the blueberries, granulated sugar, lemon juice, tapioca, cinnamon, and nutmeg with a spoon. Set aside.
BEST BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - CRAZY FOR CRUST
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hrCategory DessertCalories 504 per serving
- Make the crumble by combining the nuts, brown sugar, flour and salt in a large bowl. Use a pastry cutter to cut in the butter until the mixture forms small crumbs. Set aside.
LEMON BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE - MY GORGEOUS RECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 40 minsCategory DessertCalories 3914 per serving
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE - SALLY'S BAKING ADDICTION
4.9/5 (20)Category PieServings 8-10Total Time 7 hrs
- In a large bowl, blueberries, granulated sugar, flour, cornstarch, lemon juice, and zest together until thoroughly combined. It will be pretty flour-y. That’s ok. Place filling in the refrigerator until needed in step 4.
- On a floured work surface, roll out one of the discs of chilled dough (you can freeze the 2nd for later use, see note). Turn the dough about a quarter turn after every few rolls until you have a circle 12 inches in diameter. Carefully place the dough into a 9-inch pie dish. Tuck it in with your fingers, making sure it is smooth. Spoon the cold filling into the crust and discard the leftover juices in the bottom of the bowl, if any. Flute or crimp the edges of the crust. Place pie in the refrigerator until needed in the next step.
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
4.5/5 (4)Calories 312 per servingServings 8
- Combine brown sugar, flour, vanilla, rind, and sour cream; spread over blueberries. Combine breadcrumbs, granulated sugar, and margarine; sprinkle over sour cream mixture. Bake at 375° for 40 minutes or until set and crumbs are lightly browned. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack.
BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE - TWO PEAS & THEIR POD
4.7/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsEstimated Reading Time 5 mins
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the blueberries, flour, sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Gently stir. Make sure the berries begin to break down and the sugar has melted with the lemon juice to create a slurry-like mixture with the blueberries. Pour the blueberry mixture into the pie crust.
- To make the crumble, combine the butter, flour, sugar, and baking powder. Use a fork to mix until it begins to clump up into pea-size crumbles. Pour the crumble evenly over the blueberry mixture in the pie.
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST - BLOOM
5/5 (7)Total Time 55 minsCategory DessertCalories 390 per serving
- In a large bowl, stir together sour cream, brown sugar, flour, vanilla, lemon rind, and vanilla. Pour over the blueberries in pan. Then in a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs, granulated sugar, and butter until combined. Spread the topping over the sour cream mix.
- Bake the blueberry crumble until the filling is bubbly and the topping is golden brown and set nicely approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Let the pie cool a little before digging in! Top with ice cream or homemade whipped cream. Enjoy!
EASY BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE - 2 SISTERS RECIPES BY ANNA AND LIZ
Servings 8Estimated Reading Time 7 minsCategory DessertTotal Time 1 hr
- Simply leave the frozen pie crust out to thaw for about 15 to 20 minutes. Leave it in its foil pie dish. Then prick the bottom and around the sides thoroughly with a fork.
- Bake the crust for 5 to 8 minutes, only to set the crust. Set it aside to cool. Then pour the blueberry filling and sprinkle with the crumble mixture on top.
- Pour the blueberry filling into the crust. Sprinkle over with the crumble topping. Place the pie onto a cookie sheet and place it back into the oven.
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE CHEESECAKE PIE - OMG CHOCOLATE DESSERTS
Reviews 2Category DessertsServings 8Total Time 50 mins
- Stir together flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add melted butter and whisk with a fork to make the crumbs, set aside.
- Beat softened cream cheese with sugar, vanilla, and flour. Add slightly beaten egg and mix just to combine. Spread the mixture in prebaked crust.
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE - SIMPLY WHISKED
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 1 hrCategory DessertsCalories 242 per serving
- Combine the filling ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to coat the blueberries evenly with the cornstarch and sugar.
- Place the pie crust into a pie plate, pressing it gently into the sides. Trim the excess crust. If desired, crimp the sides into a scallop.
INDIVIDUAL BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIES - GEMMA’S BIGGER BOLDER ...
4.8/5 (29)Estimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Roll out the pie crusts and cut 12 circles using a 3 1/2 " round cutter. Line the muffin cups with them and place in the refrigerator to firm while you make the filling and topping.
- Whisk sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and water in a saucepan over medium heat. Allow mixture to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken, whisking constantly.
- In a bowl combine brown sugar, sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt, and then cut in butter until mixture resembles large crumbs. Set aside.
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE CREAM PIE - I WASH YOU DRY
5/5 (16)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory DessertCalories 433 per serving
- Place your pie dough into a 9" pie pan and prick the dough several times with a fork. Bake for 9-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown. Remove from oven, reduce heat to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold in the blueberries. Pour into the pie shell.
- In a medium bowl combine the melted butter, brown sugar, flour and oats. Mix until combined, sprinkle evenly over the cake mix.
BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE RECIPE | RECIPE - RACHAEL RAY SHOW
- For the filling, in a large bowl, combine blueberries, granulated sugar, flour, cornstarch, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons water
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with the crust and dock the surface gently with a fork to keep the crust from puffing up during baking
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE » HUMMINGBIRD HIGH
5/5 (2)Category BreakfastCuisine American
RIDICULOUSLY EASY BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE - EASY RECIPES FOR ...
5/5 (41)Calories 289 per servingCategory Dessert
THE BEST BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE - REAL LIFE DINNER
Cuisine PieCategory Holiday DessertServings 8-10Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
BLUEBERRY CRUMB PIE - GOODIE GODMOTHER
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 50 minsCategory Desserts And SweetsCalories 410 per serving
RECIPE - BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE - LCBO
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #healthy #pies-and-tarts #desserts #pies #dietary #low-cholesterol #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to bake a blueberry pie?Preheat oven to 400˚F. For the filling, in a large bowl, combine blueberries, granulated sugar, flour, cornstarch, lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons water. Line a 9-inch pie pan with the crust and dock the surface gently with a fork to keep the crust from puffing up during baking. Pour in the blueberry filling.
What are the ingredients in a blueberry pie crust?Ingredients 1 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust 2 ¾ cup white sugar 3 ⅓ cup all-purpose flour 4 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest 5 1 tablespoon lemon juice 6 5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries 7 ⅔ cup packed brown sugar 8 ¾ cup rolled oats 9 ½ cup all-purpose flour 10 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon 11 6 tablespoons butter More ...
How do you thicken blueberry pie filling with cornstarch?Using the back of a spoon, crush about 20 percent of the blueberries so the juice mixes with the cornstarch and thickens the filling. To make the pie: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 10-inch pie tin; set aside.
What is the best way to cook blueberries in the oven?Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Mix the blueberries, the 1/2 cup of sugar, the flour, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cassis in a large bowl.