CRAB & ASPARAGUS OMELETTE
This speedy omelette with spinach, asparagus and crabmeat is packed with flavours and couldn't be easier. On the table in 15 minutes, it's the perfect meal for one
Provided by James Collins - Performance nutritionist
Categories Dinner, Main course, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat grill to the highest setting. Whisk the eggs in a bowl and season.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan over a medium heat. Add the eggs and cook for 2 mins, then spoon the crab and asparagus into the middle. Sprinkle over the chilli and nestle the spinach into the egg. Grill in the pan for 2-3 mins or until the spinach has wilted and the omelette has puffed up.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 365 calories, Fat 24 grams fat, SaturatedFat 9 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 2 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 2 grams sugar, Fiber 2 grams fiber, Protein 35 grams protein, Sodium 1.3 milligram of sodium
Yield Serves 6 as an appetizer
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Whisk eggs, grated Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in large bowl to blend well. Sauté bacon pieces in heavy large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add sliced green onions and sauté until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes. Add cooked asparagus; sauté until heated through. Reduce heat to medium. Spread asparagus mixture in single layer in skillet. Pour egg mixture over asparagus. Cook until eggs are very softly set, tilting skillet, gently running rubber spatula around edges and allowing uncooked egg portion to flow underneath, about 4 minutes. Tilt skillet and slide omelet out onto plate, folding omelet in half. Cut omelet into wedges and serve.
It seems that I often have crabmeat left over after making crab cakes or other crab dishes. This is a great way to use it up the following morning. This recipe can be halved.
Provided by Millereg
Yield 2-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Mix the flaked crabmeat with the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl with the water and salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet and when the froth subsides, pour in the eggs.
- Place the crab and cheese on top of the eggs just when the eggs are beginning to set.
- Pour on the cream while the eggs are still liquid and transfer under a hot broiler for a few minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Do not fold, but slide on to a hot plate and serve immediately.
ASPARAGUS CRAB OMELETS
These satisfying omelets are filled with a savory blend of crabmeat, asparagus, tomatoes and provolone cheese...and they're attractive enough to serve guests. Sometimes I top these omelets with hollandaise sauce. -Mae Jean Damron Sandy, Utah
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes., Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a small skillet over medium heat; add half of the egg mixture. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When the eggs are set, spoon half of the crab, asparagus and provolone cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Repeat for second omelet.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 407 calories, Fat 27g fat (13g saturated fat), Cholesterol 541mg cholesterol, Sodium 733mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 35g protein.
ASPARAGUS CRAB OMELETS
A romantic brunch for two, or double for guests. These savory omelets are sure to please and are very attractive. These can be topped with hollandaise sauce for extra enjoyment. Prep & Cook times are approximate.
Provided by keen5
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket.
- Place in a saucepan over 1-inch water; bring to a boil.
- Cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Melt 1 Tblsp.
- butter in a skillet over medium heat; add half of the egg mixture.
- As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are set, spoon half of the crab, asparagus and provolone cheese over one side; fold omelet over filling.
- Cover and let stand 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Repeat for second omelet.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat; add onion and green pepper. Cook and stir until onion is slightly brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in ham and garlic salt.
- Beat eggs, asparagus, and milk together with a whisk or a fork in a bowl; pour over ham mixture. Add whole Provolone cheese slices or break them into pieces. Cook until eggs begin to set, about 3 minutes. Gently fold the omelet in half; cook until cheese melts, about 2 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 739.3 calories, Carbohydrate 6.4 g, Cholesterol 531.9 mg, Fat 48.8 g, Fiber 1.3 g, Protein 67.1 g, SaturatedFat 14.5 g, Sodium 4191.4 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
ASPARAGUS CREAM CHEESE OMELET
- Fill a small saucepan three-fourths full with water; bring to a boil. Add asparagus; cook, uncovered, until crisp-tender, 2-4 minutes. Remove and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry., In a small bowl, whisk eggs, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper flakes. In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Pour in egg mixture. Mixture should set immediately at edge. As eggs set, push cooked portions toward the center, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath., When eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains, top 1 side with cream cheese and asparagus. Fold omelet in half. Reduce heat to low; let stand, covered, until cream cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes. Cut omelet in half before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 350 calories, Fat 29g fat (15g saturated fat), Cholesterol 418mg cholesterol, Sodium 570mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 16g protein.
CRAB & ASPARAGUS PAPPARDELLE
Crab is so good to serve in the spring - combined with fresh egg pappardelle and asparagus, it makes a stunning seasonal dish. Pair it with a rocket salad
Provided by Rosie Birkett
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Pasta, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed frying pan. Add the fennel seeds, chilli, shallots, parsley stalks, lemon zest and seasoning, and fry for about 5 mins, or until softened and aromatic. Add the tomato purée, cook for a couple of mins, then deglaze with the vermouth. Add half the crabmeat, stir to create a thick sauce, then remove from the heat while you cook the pasta.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta until al dente. With 3 mins remaining, add the asparagus, then use a slotted spoon to transfer the pasta and asparagus to the crab pan. Put the crab pan back on the heat, add a couple of spoonfuls of pasta water to loosen and toss together, coating the pasta in the sauce. Add the rest of the crabmeat, crème fraîche and lemon juice, and warm through. Divide between plates and garnish with parsley, chives and hazelnuts.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 576 calories, Fat 20 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 60 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 7 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 30 grams protein, Sodium 0.6 milligram of sodium
I love this recipe as a way to get kids comfortable with cooking. An omelet is an easy meal and this one is actually served open-faced, so there's no tricky flipping or folding involved. Add my asparagus salsa for a really fresh crunchy note that contrasts nicely with the tender eggs and asparagus.
Provided by Carla Hall
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 16
- For the omelet: Trim the ends of the asparagus spears by holding the bottom end of each spear in your hand and bending gently to snap off the end. Drizzle the asparagus with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat a small nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the asparagus and cook until crisp tender, about 2 minutes. Transfer the asparagus to a plate and set aside. Wipe out the saute pan.
- To make the omelet, whisk together the eggs, 1 tablespoon water and chipotle powder. Melt the butter in the saute pan over medium heat, then pour in the egg mixture. Allow to cook, undisturbed, until the edges set completely, 2 minutes. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the top, then place the cooked asparagus spears on top. Cover and cook until the eggs set, 2 minutes. Slide the omelet onto a plate. Garnish with the Asparagus Salsa if desired.
- For the asparagus salsa: Place the asparagus, carrots, radishes and red onions in a food processor and pulse a few times until the vegetables are finely diced but not pureed.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add the dill, scallions, serrano chile, lemon zest and juice. Mix together well, season to taste with salt and pepper and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop if time allows. The salsa can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Makes 2 cups.
LOBSTER OR CRAB OMELET
- Beat the eggs and cook in an omelet pan over medium heat.
- While eggs are beginning to cook in another pan sauté' the onions in the butter, add celery and lobster or crabmeat to onions and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Before folding the omelet, spread it with the filling mixture.
- Fold and serve garnished with parsley.
A quick and easy asparagus omelette that makes the most of seasonal greens. Serve up this veggie supper for two with pesto and crunchy seeds
Provided by Elena Silcock
Categories Brunch, Lunch, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Heat grill to high. Toss the asparagus in olive oil, season and cook in an ovenproof frying pan until softened. Mix the eggs with half the pesto. Take half of the asparagus out of the pan, then spread out the rest. Pour over half the egg mixture. Cook for a few mins on the hob before finishing under the grill. Fold over, then repeat with the rest of the ingredients. Drizzle the remaining pesto over the omelettes and sprinkle the seeds on top.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 763 calories, Fat 64 grams fat, SaturatedFat 11 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 6 grams sugar, Fiber 8 grams fiber, Protein 33 grams protein, Sodium 2.3 milligram of sodium
More about "asparagus crab omelets food"
ASPARAGUS OMELETTE RECIPE : SBS FOOD
CRAB OMELETTE RECIPE - BBC FOOD
PASSION FISH - RESTON - 1483 PHOTOS & 935 REVIEWS - YELP
CRAB OMELET RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
ASPARAGUS CRAB OMELETS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
LEMON-HERB ASPARAGUS WITH PINE NUTS (PF) (V) | RESTON | WHOLE …
DINNER MENU - RUTH'S CHRIS STEAK HOUSE
BEST CRAB CAKES IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA - TRIPADVISOR
ASPARAGUS OMELET RECIPE - FOOD.COM
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #for-1-or-2 #omelets-and-frittatas #breakfast #eggs-dairy #seafood #vegetables #american #steam #holiday-event #romantic #crab #eggs #stove-top #shellfish #asparagus #brunch #taste-mood #equipment #number-of-servings #presentation #served-hot #technique
You'll also love